The Silicon Labs Bluetooth SDK provides an easy-to-use SDK which can be used to create standalone Bluetooth applications for Wireless Gecko SoCs or modules or alternatively Network Co-Processor (NCP) applications. The Bluetooth SDK supports C based application development with GCC or IAR compilers. In addition to developing and debugging applications, with the included Simplicity Studio development environment developers can take advantage of additional tools including Enegry Profiler, Packet Trace and visual GATT editor.
Features of the Bluetooth Software
Bluetooth Stack Features
- Bluetooth 5 features
- 2 Mbps PHY (EFR32xG12 devices only)
- LE Long Range (EFR32xG13 devices only)
- Advertisement sets
- Scan event reporting
- Bluetooth 4.2 features
- LE Secure Connections
- LE Data Length Extensions
- LE Dual Topology up to 8 masters
- Up to 8 simultaneous connections
- Standalone mode – Bluetooth stack and application both running the Wireless Gecko SoC or Module
- NCP mode - Bluetooth stack running in the Wireless Gecko and Application in an external MCU
- Apple HomeKit R9 compliant
- Over-the-Air firmware updates
- Secure firmware update with Gecko bootloader
Bluetooth SDK Features
- Built in demos and source code for key use cases
- Bluetooth profiles
- Smart phone connectivity
- Apple HomeKit R9
- Support all adopted Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit profiles and services
- Support for C development with GCC and IAR C compiler
- Host examples and source code for NCP usage
IDE, Tools and Documentation
- Simplicity Studio v4
- Energy Profiler
- Visual GATT Editor
- IAR Embedded Workbench support
- GCC or IAR C compiler
- Bluetooth Developer Studio plug-ins for GATT and code auto generation
- Example applications and source code for various Bluetooth applications
- iOS and Android applications available in app stores and source code
- API documentation, users guides and application notes
|Bluetooth Software Features||Benefits|
|Bluetooth 5 – 2 Mbps PHY
||Deliver greater data throughput or lower average power consumption by approximately 15% with shorter transmit and receive (TX/RX) times.
|Bluetooth 5 – Advertisement sets
||Build more advanced beacons which can send iBeacons and EddyStone advertisement at the same time and capture scan requests at the application level.
|Switched multi-protocol support
||Improve consumer experience with Bluetooth based setup from smartphones and commisioning onto zigbee networks by switching protocols.
|Apple HomeKit R8
||Build Apple HomeKit accessories compliant with the latest Apple HomeKit R8 specification quickly and easily and save up to 12 months of development time.
||Enable authenticated and encrypted field firmware updates for enhanced security. Enable switched multi-protocol support and bootloader field updates.
|250B ATT protocol and 120B LL packet
||Provide 2 X throughput when using acknowledged ATT operations. Up to 1000kbps throughput with 2M PHY and 600kbps with 1M PHY.
|Simplicity Studio with GCC compiler
||Develop in C with a free GCC compiler and make use of additional tools including Energy Profiler and Packet Trace.
Get up and running quickly with precompiled demos, application notes and examples. Use advanced tools including energy profiling and network analysis to optimize your wireless systems. Choose your software package below.