Our Philanthropy Mission
We view community service as another opportunity to build a smarter, more connected world. Silicon Labs’ philanthropy program provides financial, volunteer, and in-kind support to nonprofit organizations that promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and improve quality of life in communities where we operate. Every year, Silicon Labs donates more than 1% of its profits to charitable organizations.
Corporate Match Program
We match up to $2,000/year in U.S. employee donations to qualified nonprofit organizations.
Every Silicon Labs employee receives 24 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer at nonprofits or schools in their community. To submit information about available volunteer opportunities, contact Heather Venard, Culture & Development Specialist.
Employee Board Service Program
To encourage leadership development skills and giving back to the community, we provide financial sponsorships to qualified nonprofit organizations with a Silicon Labs employee on its board of directors. To promote available nonprofit board membership opportunities, contact Heather Venard, Culture & Development Specialist.
The Silicon Labs corporate giving program is primarily focused on education, specifically STEM education for middle and high school at-risk and minority youth. Our sponsorship application process is managed by Austin Community Foundation.
Sponsorship program details:
- Silicon Labs will only accept one application per 501c3 organization per calendar year.
- 2019 application deadlines are quarterly: February 15, May 10, August 9, & November 8.
- Funding decisions will be announced quarterly: March 20, June 19, September 18, December 18.
- After you have submitted your grant application, you will be contacted by ACF staff, only if we have questions or believe your application is incomplete.
- Unfortunately, we receive more grant requests than we can fund. ACF staff will notify you no later than the posted funding decision date so you can pursue other funding sources.
- Successful grant applicants will receive an award letter and contract through email. The grant check will be mailed by ACF upon receipt of the signed contract.
Russ Brennan Memorial Scholarship
Every year, Silicon Labs awards $25,000 in scholarships to employees’ family members pursuing higher education. The scholarship fund honors our former CFO Russ Brennan's spirit and is dedicated to furthering the education of young people.
Heather Venard, Culture & Development Specialist