Silicon Labs’ philanthropy program provides financial, volunteer and in-kind support to promote the advancement of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in education and improve quality of life in communities where we operate. Silicon Labs donates more than 1% of its annual profits to charitable organizations. Our programs include:
- We offer a corporate match program for employee donations to qualified nonprofit organizations.
- We offer 24 hours of paid time off per year for employees to volunteer in their communities.
- We provide financial grants to organizations offering STEM education programs for at-risk students.
- We engage in community service projects in our communities globally and donate to relief efforts when disasters occur.
- We encourage leadership development skills and giving back to the community through our employee board service program.
The Silicon Labs corporate giving program is primarily focused on education, specifically STEM education for middle and high school at-risk and minority youth. Our sponsorship application process is managed by Austin Community Foundation.
Grant program details:
- Silicon Labs will only accept one application per 501c3 organization per calendar year.
- 2020 application deadlines are quarterly: February 1, May 1, August 1, & November 1.
- Funding decisions will be announced midmonth during the 3rd month of each quarter.
- After you have submitted your grant application, you will be contacted by ACF staff, only if we have questions or believe your application is incomplete.
- Unfortunately, we receive more grant requests than we can fund. ACF staff will notify you during the above funding decision timeframe so you can pursue other funding sources.
- Successful grant applicants will receive an award letter and contract through email. The grant check will be mailed by ACF upon receipt of the signed contract.
Russ Brennan Memorial Scholarship
Every year, Silicon Labs awards $25,000 in scholarships to employees’ family members pursuing higher education. The scholarship fund honors our former CFO Russ Brennan's spirit and is dedicated to furthering the education of young people.
Heather Venard, Communications & Community Relations Manager