Our corporate grants program is primarily focused on education, specifically, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) education for middle and high school underserved youth who are typically underrepresented in STEM fields. This grant program has a particular focus on equity, so applicants are encouraged to share DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) related details as part of their request. Our sponsorship application process is managed by the Austin Community Foundation (ACF).
US-based nonprofit organizations that operate STEM programs in the following metro areas are welcome to apply: Austin, TX, Boston, MA and San Jose, CA
Next Application Cycle Opens September 1, 2022 (Deadline for Submission, November 1, 2022)
Grant program details:
- We will only accept one application per 501c3 organization per calendar year.
- Funding decisions will be announced mid-month during the 3rd month of each quarter.
- Please note, we do not fund grants for capital campaigns, events, religious purposes, endowments or legislative/political/lobbying efforts through this program.
- Unfortunately, we receive more grant requests than we can fund. ACF staff will notify you of decisions made regarding your grant request during the above timeframe.
- Successful grant applicants will receive an award letter and contract through email. The grant will be disbursed by ACF upon receipt of the signed contract.
This grant program focuses on building meaningful partnerships with expert organizations that know how to create sustainable change. When filling out a grant application, keep these four key questions in mind:
- What is the impact you're trying to make, how will you get there and how will you measure your results?
- Tell us what is meaningful to you as an organization. If you need financial support to measure your outputs and outcomes, please build that into the structure of the grant request.
- How can our team get involved?
- While volunteering is not essential for receiving a grant, we know giving our employees an opportunity to engage with the mission builds deep connections and helps foster longer-term partnerships. Please share with us any options to get involved, including group volunteering, skills-based volunteering, board service, etc.
- What's the story you're trying to tell?
- Tell us what is the most important message you're looking to share with the community, other prospective funders, those you serve, etc., so we can help find the right channels to escalate and elevate your mission.
- How are you approaching Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in your programs and organizational management?
- We'll ask questions about the makeup of your staff and board, as well as how your programs support underrepresented communities.
- Are you still on making your organizations and programs more diverse and inclusive? We know DEI is a journey, so tell us more.