Get Started with the USBXpress CP2102N USB to UART bridge controller with the new CP2102N-miniEK evaluation kit.
This simple low cost kit provides the fastest way to add USB connectivity to new and legacy embedded designs. The CP2102N devices eliminate complex, time-consuming firmware development and provide advanced functionality in QFN packages as small as 3 mm x 3 mm.
USBXpress CP2102N devices offer:
- Data transfer rates up to 3 Mbaud
- Industry-leading energy efficiency: low active current of <10 mA
- Remote wake-up capability to wake up a suspended host device
- USB battery charger detection capability (USB BCS 1.2 specification) to detect the type of charger connected to the system
- Crystal-less operation and integrated regulator to reduce BOM cost
- Small-footprint package options: 3 mm x 3 mm QFN20, 4 mm x 4 mm QFN24 and 5 mm x 5 mm QFN28
- Royalty-free Virtual COM port drivers
- Advanced, easy-to-use software tools including Xpress Configurator to simplify development
Get started today with the CP2102N-miniEK and download the latest version of Simplicity Studio here for configuration support.
Migrating from an existing CP210x to the new CP2102N? Check out the AN976 application note for porting instructions.