Before posting a question
- Apply basic troubleshooting:
- Check hardware connections with multimeter.
- Use logic analyzers/oscilloscopes.
- Use Simplicity Studio Debugger/Energy Profiler
- Search the forum to see if someone has asked the same question already.
- Consult the datasheets, application notes and user guides. Sources include:
- Simplicity Studio Launcher Documentation Tab
- Interface Knowledge Base Article List
- Silicon Labs Technical Resource Search
- CP210x Troubleshooting Techniques
- Troubleshooting a product using a CP210x USB-to-UART Bridge
When posting a question, make sure to include the following:
- Provide detailed information about the issue.
- Include the relevant parts of your development setup in the problem description. Examples include:
- OS version
- VCP or USBXpress driver version (for non-HID devices)
- Part number
- Identify if using a Silicon Labs Evaluation Board or a custom board
- Identify if the board has been customized from the factory default configurations
- Identify the expected behavior
- Identify the observed unexpected behavior, and provide step-by-step, detailed instructions on how to reproduce
- Provide operating conditions such as voltage, temperature, etc.
- Provide any relevant scope or logic analyzer captures of the unexpected behavior
- For enumeration issues – Please use USBView or UVCView (see this article for a link to UVCView).
- If the device enumerates, collect the descriptor info and post it with your question
Note: If you are not the manufacturer of the device you are troubleshooting, note that Silicon Labs does not support end users directly. Please contact your product manufacturer for support. For more information, please see the following knowledge base article: http://community.silabs.com/t5/Silicon-Labs-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-a-Product-Using-a-CP210x-USB-to-UART-Bridge/ta-p/131318
For general community usage please refer to the Silicon Labs Community Guidelines