I'm happy to announce the v6.7.2 VCP driver that adds Windows 10 support is now available on our website:
This version of the driver supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
The driver customization wizard, AN220, has also been updated to support v6.7.2.
I'm very sorry - but this "Driver" is still not working on my Windows 10 computer: installation executes but nothing happens !
I very hope there will be soon a working solution.
My product i will use is a Naze32. For configuring this quadrocopter controller it has to be connected to the "Baseflight" GUI on my Windows-10 PC.
Perhaps i have a misunderstanding: is it necessary to connect this flightcontroller via USB before installing the CP210x driver ???
Without attached NAZE32-flightcontroller, the installation fails: no port description "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM<>)" can be found on UVCView screen.
Into the "DPINST-file" I foud this text below. -> Interesting may be the text "Driver will be installed when plugged in." in the third from last column.
INFO: 01/30/2016 19:50:47
INFO: Product Version 22.214.171.124.
INFO: Version: 6.2.9200
INFO: Platform ID: 2 (NT)
INFO: Service Pack: 0.0
INFO: Suite: 0x0300, Product Type: 1
INFO: Architecture: AMD64.
INFO: Interactive Windows Station
INFO: Command Line: '"C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\SILABS Treiber\CP210x_VCP_Windows\CP210x_VCP_Windows\CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe" '
INFO: DPInst is not multi-lingual.
INFO: Current working directory: 'C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\SILABS Treiber\CP210x_VCP_Windows\CP210x_VCP_Windows'
INFO: Running on path 'C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\SILABS Treiber\CP210x_VCP_Windows\CP210x_VCP_Windows'
INFO: User UI Language is 0x407.
INFO: Found driver package: 'C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\SILABS Treiber\CP210x_VCP_Windows\CP210x_VCP_Windows\slabvcp.inf'.
INFO: Preinstalling 'c:\users\peter\downloads\silabs treiber\cp210x_vcp_windows\cp210x_vcp_windows\slabvcp.inf' ...
INFO: ENTER: DriverPackagePreinstallW
INFO: Driver package is already preinstalled 'c:\users\peter\downloads\silabs treiber\cp210x_vcp_windows\cp210x_vcp_windows\slabvcp.inf'.
SUCCESS:c:\users\peter\downloads\silabs treiber\cp210x_vcp_windows\cp210x_vcp_windows\slabvcp.inf is preinstalled.
INFO: RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW (0xB7)
INFO: ENTER: DriverPackageGetPathW
INFO: RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW (0x0)
INFO: ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO: Installing INF file 'c:\users\peter\downloads\silabs treiber\cp210x_vcp_windows\cp210x_vcp_windows\slabvcp.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO: Looking for Model Section [SiLabs.NTamd64]...
INFO: No matching devices found in INF "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\slabvcp.inf_amd64_ab8310f5de07b344\slabvcp.inf" on the Machine.
INFO: No drivers installed. No devices found that match driver(s) contained in 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\slabvcp.inf_amd64_ab8310f5de07b344\slabvcp.inf'.
INFO: RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000020B)
INFO: No matching device was found for 'c:\users\peter\downloads\silabs treiber\cp210x_vcp_windows\cp210x_vcp_windows\slabvcp.inf'. Driver will be installed when plugged in.
INFO: Returning with code 0x100
INFO: 01/30/2016 19:50:58 "
->> Next step: I will wait till the NAZE32 will be delivered to me an then i will attach it to the PC and try the driverinstallation again - maybe it works. Or do you have another idea, a hint or can you agree with me ?
Kind regards and thanks for support:
Peter from Switzerland.
I've been trying to install the CP210x drivers on my Windows 10 (64-Bit) machines but on both of them I'm experiencing the same symptoms w/o any success;
- Using CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe and the installation completes successfully to install the version 6.7 which I downloaded from http://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers#windows
- After the installation I can see the driver name in 'Programs and Features' in Control Panel but I notice that silabser.sys is not copied over to windows\system32\drivers. However, WdfCoInstaller01011.dll exists under windows\system32 from another driver installation and it is not touched during this installation.
- I checked the setupapi.dev.log file (attached) and it shows success without any errors but I see no trace of the DLL registrations in the log file.
- When I plug my physical device (Adafruit Feather Huzzah) which requires this driver, I don't see a new COM port created in device manager since the driver is actually not installed even though the installer says it is finished successfully.
I'd appreciate if anyone has any advise as to how to resolve or troubleshoot this problem.
Since this is a 3rd party end product that use CP210x, not sure if the product manufacture customized the driver and procut. Could you have a look on below KB and give us the VID/PID of this product?
My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Silicon Labs
Thanks for the reply. I figured out what the problem was;
- First off, the problem has nothing to do with Feather Huzzah board being a 3-rd party product. I'm just trying to install the CP210x drivers which is provided by Silicon Labs.
- Actually there was no problem with the driver installation when it said it finished successfully. I was expecting to see the silabeser.sys to appear in windows\system32\drivers folder as soon as I completed the driver installation. However, silabser.sys is copied to this folder only during the first time a device with CP2104 chip is plugged in to a USB port and the virtual COM port is created in Device Manager.
- My problem, apparently, was that I was using a very short MicroUSB cable that only had the power wires but not the data wires. I was under the impression that all MicroUSB cables had all the power and data lines by default/standards. But I was mistaken. I spent 2 days trying to figure out what the problem was with the board or the CP210x drivers. As soon as switched to a normal MicroUSB cable that I used for my phone sync everything worked fine. Virtual COM port appeared in Device Manager and the silabser.sys showed up in windows\system32\driver folder.
- Apparently Windows stores these files in a driver repository folder during the initial installation and only copies them over to system32\drivers folder when a device that needs these drivers for the first time when it is plugged in to a USB port.
Hope this helps to anyone having similar symptoms in the future.
I have been tasked with creating a Win10 VCP Driver using AN220 to add our customized VID/PID.
Creating the drivers, Version: 126.96.36.199, and running tests with Win10 32bit and Win7 32bit I am finding that our application is causing windows to BSOD. The 64 bit equivalent OSes are running fine. The BSOD occurs during memory read/write functions if that helps any.
Trying to figure the cause of the error I reinstalled an older customized driver version, specifically 188.8.131.52. With this driver our application is able to run and perform the read/write functions without any errors.
That is why I am here now. The only difference in both scenarios are the CP210xVCP drivers.
Any open or known reasons why 184.108.40.206 x86 drivers are causing Windows 32bit to crash?
I am trying to load the driver so I can use my Yaesu FTDX-3000 and have CAT control of the radio.
The driver would not even load to my machine. I am using a HP 64 bit laptop only about a year old. Was using Windows 8.1 and upped it to Windows 10.
I get a dialog box error msg when running the install wizard:
"The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine".
Sure would like to get started using the digital modes on the radio!
Since this is a product from 3rd party that only a CP210x was used, I suggest you take a look below KB to check if customer customized the CP210x and the driver provided by silabs not work for this product.
i use cp2102 usb to ttl adapter, his work god on windows 7 64 but windows 10 trouble code 10
I try check error usb microsoft utility and recieve some result
In registry used some filter ?
Не удалось распознать USB-устройство Не исправлено Не исправлено
USB-устройство может быть не распознано при подключении через USB-порт из-за использования поврежденных верхних и нижних фильтров в реестре.
Удалить верхние и нижние фильтры для переносных устройств Завершено
Чтобы устранить эту проблему, удалите верхние и нижние фильтры из реестра.
6 Фильтр класса USB-устройства не распознан Исправлено Исправлено
USB-устройство может быть не распознано при подключении через USB-порт из-за использования верхних и нижних фильтров в реестре.
The VCP Drivers seems to be updated from "V6.7.3" to "V6.7.4" on 12/21/2016 but not mentioned in the release note yet.
What is the reason of the update?
This is a known issue, we will update the release note soon (next week).
Thanks for pointing out this.
Many thanks for your prompt reply
I look forward to the updated document.