How do I get notified when a document such as a datasheet or a reference manual is updated?
Below are the three methods to open [Manage Notifications] page to sign up for email notifications when documents change:
Perform the steps below to sign up for email notifications
1. Sign in to www.silabs.com and click the [Account Home] link in the account options menu at the top right corner of the page (may need to mouse-over or click your Name to drop-down the menu)
3. Select the notifications you would like to receive by checking the checkboxes next to each item:
To view the list of notifications:
1. From the [Home] screen, you can also click [My Notifications]:
2. From here, you can view lists of all the notifications you have received. Different List view options include:
- New Notifications : Unread notifications
- All Notifications
- Recently viewed
Additionally, If you are using Studio, you will get updates to documents automatically with software updates.
Alternatively, you can access the URL to manage your PCN notifications from the top of any PCN document. Accessing this www.silabs.com/profile URL in a browser will take you to your [Manage Notifications] page:
1. A third path to subscribe to notifications is available from the Technical Resource Search page. Access the Document Library search by navigating the top menu tree as follows:
2. You may also reach the [Manage Notifications] page from the link at the bottom of the page, below the search results:
The virtual COM port is available on mbed-ready EFM32 Series 0 STK, including GG, HG, LG, WG, and ZG. An upgrade of the kit firmware to latest version is required using tools within Simplicity Studio.
The virtual COM port is also available on all EFM32 Series 1 STK, including PG, PG12, and GG11.
After connecting the STK to the PC, select the corresponding serial port (COMxx) in the PC terminal software (115200, N, 8, 1) to establish the communication between PC and STK.
STK Enable pin Peripheral TX pin RX pin Location
GG/LG/WG PF7 UART0 PE0 PE1 1
HG PA9 USART1 PF2 PA0 4
ZG PA9 LEUART0 PD4 PD5 0
PG/PG12 PA5 USART0 PA0 PA1 0
PA5 LEUART0 PA0 PA1 0
GG11 PE1 USART4 PH4 PH5 4
The virtual COM port is enabled by defining RETARGET_VCOM symbol on the corresponing IDE (For EFM32 Series 0 STK, Gecko Platform 2.0.0 is required).
To use LEUART for virtual COM port on PG/PG12 STK, it needs to define RETARGET_VCOM and RETARGET_LEUART0 on the corresponing IDE.
Examples on using virtual COM port: