When does an EFM32 device need to be baked before soldering or reflowing?
To determine the MSL for an EFM32 device:
1. Follow steps #1 thru #4 of the procedure described in Knowledge Base article "Qualification Report"
2. Enter the orderable part number (OPN) into the Enter Part Number field and click Next
3. Select a matching part number and click Next
4. Navigate to Product Information->Pack & Ship->Ship MSL, check the Ship MSL checkbox, and click Next
5. The part MSL will be listed in the Ship MSL row and Value column.
For example, the EFM32G880F128-QFP100 MSL is 3.
According to JEDEC specifications, MSL 3 devices have a floor life of 168 hours before being required to be baked prior to mounting/soldering.