I have an existing project that used the 8-bit Microntroller Studio tool. I want to migrate to Simplicity Studio. Is there an easy way to do that?
Simplicity Studio allows you to import many project types. The Silicon Labs IDE creates a project file with the extension <ProjectName>.wsp. In order to use this project with Simplicity Studio you can follow these steps:
1) From the Simplicity Studio IDE select [File] > [Import...].
2) From the [Import] GUI window select [MCU Project] and select [Next].
3) Browse to the directory where the <ProjectName>.wsp file is located using the [Browse...] button then select [Next].
4) Select the target part for the project using the [Part:] drop down menu.
5) You can leave the default settings for the project and click [Finish].
The project will now be imported into Simplicity Studio.