We are using the wide body Si8501 in our PFC boost. For some reason, as we increase the voltage during open loop testing we find that the sensor stops working. We have followed the layout guidelines as best we could. Can you provide any additional information about why this might happen?
Also, just to alleviate any confusion about the suggested layout, could you provide us with the layout files for the Si85xx test boards?
The best way to get answers to power products questions is to submit a technical support request on the Silicon Labs website. Have you created a support request before?
1. Go to http://www.silabs.com/
2. Click on the "Support & Training" menu at the top of the page
3. Click on the "Technical Support" link toward the bottom of the menu
4. Log in using your web site credentials. You may need to create a new set if this is your first time entering a support ticket, specifically.
5. Follow the directions on the subsequent pages to get your support ticket into the system.