We’re excited to introduce the new Wireless Xpress BGX13P starter kit, which helps you jumpstart your design with no software development necessary. Some of the key features of this kit include:
Want to try it for yourself? We’re giving away five Wireless Xpress BGX13P starter kits to our community members, and this is your chance to get your hands on one.
How to Participate:
Explain up to 2 ideas on how you want to use the Xpress kit for your project and why. You can submit your idea by leaving a comment below on this page by November 11th (CDT).
Our Wireless marketing team will judge submissions based on the following criteria:
Number of Winners: 5
Prize: 1 x Wireless Xpress BGX13P starter kit
Oct 22nd 2018 – Nov 11th 2018 (CDT)
The winners will be announced on this page soon after the end of the contest.
By entering the contest, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the attached Community Contest Terms and Conditions.
We have two Bluetooth applications that we would like to extend to Smartphone access.
1. We manufacture a cell-phone sized EEG recorder that presently communicates via Bluetooth to a laptop for command, control, and data transfer. (1000/yr)/.
We would like to extend control to Smartphones with data only being gathered by the on-board SD Card system.
2. I have a consultancy which manufacturers and maintains steam boiler controls for apartment buildings. We would like to add
Bluetooth control to the system so that operation can be monitored adjustments can be made to the the temperature profile.
We are working on Battery Charger/Discharger System. In Current update we already in need to control and monitor the process going on so Bluetooth is key in this process. But more than that currently we have all wired way in case we need to update end customer devices and that is complicated.
Adding BGX13P we would like to give firmware update option directly from the phone to our devices.
So I would like to ahve BGX13P provide easy interface only for monitoring and control but firmware update over Bluetooth.
I would like to use Wireless Xpress BGX13P Starter Kit and EFM32WG Starter Kit to build an Electronic Stethoscope.
This device will transmit heart or lung sounds through Bluetooth connection to a mobile device like smartphone or tablet. I plan to use several electret or MEMS microphones.
Power consumption and battery life preservation are important features in the electronic stethoscope.
The EFM32 microcontroller is the best choice for this application because has low power and high performance ARM Cortex-M4 core.
The Wireless Xpress BGX13P board will be connected to EFM32WG-STK3800 board through the expansion header.
Users will be able to control the device using an Android application.
I would like to use BGX13P in two projects.
1. Use two (or more if possible - in star topology with one master) modules to remote switch on/off devices after external even. Main use is in workshop to switch vacuum when current flow will be detected. As detector it should be battery power device with hall effect sensor attached to power cable of main machinery (i.e table saw) . It could also monitor how long device was used. and pass that information to mobile application.
2. Use it as logic analyser with displaying information on mobile phone or tablet. GPIO of BGX13P would be the inputs and and application could display status of input or graph them with timeline.
1. I'd like to use the module to implement a aftermarket vehicle keyless entry system. The system would let you use a second module as a remote or your phone.
2. Create a mesh network for installation in parking garages that tracks vehicles through the garage to establish where there are open spaces in the garage and display this on signs in the garage, and also track approximately where users park their car and report this to the user (through an accompanying mobile app) to aid in finding it later.