during configuration of simplicity studio v4 for thread applications i tried to built the client example. I got the message "/bin/sh: iccarm: command not found" and building failded.
seems that some command source is not at his place.
does anyone have an idea?
Have you downloaded and installed the compiler from IAR? I can only hope for you that it can be installed on linux.
yes i did installed the IAR embedded workbench before I installed SS4. I am using win10
I see the same errors with the example client project if the workspace and the Simplicity Studio installation are on different hard drives. I don't see the errors if they are on the same hard drive. I've looked at the .cproject file and other files and I don't see a difference that would explain the issue. I'm still looking into this, but I was wondering if your workspace is on a different drive than Simplicity Studio? If so would a temporary work around be for you to use a workspace on the same drive as Studio?
I have some more information and a different workaround if you want.
There is a bug in the Thread stack's Appbuilder that generates #defines with relative paths even when the referenced files are on different hard drives.
If you edit the file in the project space "thread-configuration.h" and replace all of the references to "../../SimplicityStudio with the hard drive and path up to SimplicityStudio the build will succeed (e.g. I used "C:/SiliconLabs/SimplicityStudio). The thing with the workaround is if you press "Generate" again it will prompt about overwriting the file. The box under Overwrite can be cleared so the file isn't overwritten, but you have to 1) Remember to uncheck the box and 2) If anything changes in the .isc file that would change one of the paths or add a new #define the file would have to be manually edited again. You could also let the override happen and then use a diff with the .bak file to help restore the paths.
I have entered a bug report for this, so Silicon Labs will get this fixed in a future release.
the iccarm.exe was not found so I checked the folder and found the newer folder for version 8 and the folder for version 7.5 where the iccarm.exe was in.
i deleted all software and started new after deleting the folder on the hard drive as well.
now this problem is gone!
still: no application image (*.ebl-file) was created after building the client project so i dont't know which application image I can use.
foound it in here in the post from devon
Re: Don't find .ebl file for ZigBee (or Thread) application
[ New ]