1. Can the Bluegiga WT32i stream music to a Bluetooth 5 headset, given that the Bluegiga WT32i uses BT Classic v3.0 and the headset uses BT/BLE v5.0?
2. Furthermore, can the Bluegiga WT32i stream Stereo aptX music to a Bluetooth 5 headset?
3. Last, can the Bluegiga WT32i stream aptX HD music to a Bluetooth 5 headset?
FYI, we are using a QCC3034-based headset, see below:
1. Yes, from the information regarding the BT 5, it's hardware should be compatible with previous BT versions including v3 so you should be able to stream music using the standard A2DP profile. However, we did not test it so you would need to do it on your own with the chip you are referring to.
2. Yes, the WT32i does have support for the aptX codec but it is not available right away with a standard device. With our module you need to buy a special license to use this codec and have aptX enabled IWRAP programmed into the module. Also you can purchase the WT32i with the aptX enabled from the factory (such part numbers should include "APTX" in it's name i.e. https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/WT32I-A-AI6-APTX?qs=sGAEpiMZZMu3sxpa5v1qrlcRO7M3iQazccrG%2FEDSi3k%3D).
3. Unfortunately no, the WT32i does not support the aptX HD so probably it would not be possible with our module.
Also for development process we highly recommend using our dedicated evaluation kit: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/wireless/bluetooth/wt32i-bluetooth-audio-development-kit