Before posting a question
- Apply basic troubleshooting:
- Can the issue be reproduced on an SDK sample application
- Search the forum to see if someone has asked the same question already.
- Consult the datasheets, reference manuals, application notes and user guides. Sources include:
- Simplicity Studio Launcher Documentation Tab
- Z-Wave Knowledge Base Article List
- Silicon Labs Technical Resource Search
When posting a question, make sure to include the following:
- Provide detailed information about the issue.
- Include the relevant parts of your development setup in the problem description. Examples include:
- SDK version
- Encryption keys
- Log files
- Zniffer traces must include S2 SPAN sync
- Wireshark traces must contain DTLS handshakes
- Refer to specific lines if possible
- Details of what is seen in logs – Node ID’s and IP addresses
- Identify if using a Silicon Labs Evaluation Board or a custom board
- Identify the expected behavior
- Identify the observed unexpected behavior, and provide step-by-step, detailed instructions on how to reproduce
For general community usage please refer to the Silicon Labs Community Guidelines.