Si462x Digital Data Receivers
The Silicon Labs Si462x single-chip digital data receiver family is a 100% CMOS digital radio broadcast receiver IC for automotive infotainment systems.
The family enables HD Radio/DAB/DAB+ services reception and provides significant advances in size, power consumption, and performance. The Si462x data receiver offers a complete and cost-effective platform to support global analog and digital AM, FM and VHF band III radio standards by integrating multiband RF tuner, demodulator, and channel decoder on a single die. The high level of integration and complete system production test simplifies design-in, increases system quality, and improves reliability and manufacturability.
Supporting worldwide analog AM and FM radio reception, the Si462x family incorporates a fully integrated decoder for the European Radio Data System (RDS) and the North American Radio Broadcast Data System (RDBS). Functions include all required symbol decoding, block synchronization, error detection and error correction.
The digital data receivers are built on proven and patented digital low intermediate frequency (Low-IF) receiver architecture, which delivers superior RF performance and interference rejection. The solution offers auto-calibrated digital tuning, and proven AM/FM seek functionality based on multiple signal quality and band parameters. In addition, the Si462x provides an integrated clock oscillator or accepts a reference clock and supports a selectable control interface (SPI or I2C).
- Worldwide FM band support (76–108 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (520-1710 kHz) (Si4629 only)
- LW band support (144-288 kHz) (Si4629 only)
- DAB, DAB+ Band III support (168–240 MHz) (Si4624/29 only)
- Supports WorldDMB Receiver Profiles I, II, III and IV
- Patent-pending fast-DAB station detection
- FM HD Radio™ support (Si4622/29 only)
- AM HD Radio™ support (Si4629 only)
- Patent-pending fast-HD station detection
- Advanced RDS/RDBS decoder
- Complete on-chip channel decode
- No external RAM required for channel decoding
- Flash memory interface for application program load
- Advanced seek functionality
- Full range of analog and digital signal quality metrics
- Fully-integrated VCO / PLL / synthesizer
- Fully-integrated advanced AGC and alignment
- SPI, I2C control interfaces
- 7x7 mm 48-pin QFN package
- Pb-free/RoHS compliant
- AEC-Q100 qualified