Si474x AM/FM Automotive Grade Radio Receivers
The Silicon Labs Si474x AM/FM receiver family is the most highly integrated automotive grade radio receiver solution available for entry/mid-level car radios.
The 100% CMOS receiver IC provides full receive functionality from antenna to audio for use in the automotive market. The family includes a portfolio of highly integrated receivers for primary AM/FM receivers supporting worldwide broadcast audio bands, including AM/FM, "college bands" down to 64 MHz, long wave, NOAA weather band, and dedicated companion RDS background receivers. The entire portfolio is layout compatible and is offered in a tiny 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.85 mm 24-pin QFN package.
Based on the Silicon Labs proven and internationally patented digital low intermediate frequency (low-IF) receiver architecture, the solution delivers superior performance while integrating the majority of external components required by competing solutions. Silicon Labs has shipped more than 100 million broadcast audio receivers worldwide using low-IF architecture.
The Si474x superior performing solutions are feature-rich and offer extensive flexibility for customized audio performance. Programmable algorithms include advanced seek with multiple signal qualifiers and thresholds in all supported bands, FM stereo blend rates and thresholds, soft mute characteristics, multipath detection and mitigation, AM/FM noise blankers, and selectable FM Hi-cut filters. The product accepts programmable reference clock values. The IC provides audio output in standard line-level analog audio using high fidelity stereo DACs or digital audio format. A fully-integrated preprocessor for the European Radio Data System (RDS) and the North American Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) is available with the Si474x portfolio. The RDS preprocessor includes all symbol decoding, advanced error-correction, detailed visibility to block-error rates (BLER), synchronization status and times, and complete, decoded and error-corrected RDS group presentation. The Si474x RDS-enabled parts also offer several modes of operation to provide extensive visibility to the RDS status and group data.
- Worldwide FM band support (64–108 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (520–1710 kHz)
- LW band support (153–288 kHz) (Si4742/43/44/45 only)
- MW (520–1710 kHz) and SW (2.3–30 MHz) support (Si4742/43/44/45 only)
- NOAA weather band support (162.4–162.55 MHz) (Si4742/43 only)
- FM multipath detection and mitigation
- AM/FM noise blanker (Si4742/43/44/45 only)
- Received signal quality indicators (RSSI, SNR, frequency offset, multi-path interference)
- AM and FM programmable seek tuning
- AM and FM programmable soft mute control
- FM Hi-cut control (Si4742/43/44/45 only)
- Power line noise rejection/AM lo-cut filter
- FM programmable stereo-mono blend