Si475x AM/FM/SW/LW Automotive Grade Tuners
The Si475x AM/FM receiver family is the most integrated high performance automotive grade radio receiver solution available for entry/mid-level car radios and infotainment head-units.
The Si475x AM/FM tuner family offers a fully integrated LW/AM/SW/FM tuner in a 100% CMOS integrated circuit. It provides a fully integrated radio tuner solution from antenna input to audio output for use as the primary broadcast radio tuner for automotive radios. The Si475x product portfolio of tuners supports worldwide broadcast radio bands including AM/FM, college FM radio bands down to 64 MHz, longwave, shortwave, and, FM RDS. The entire portfolio is layout and software compatible and is offered in a compact 5 mm x 5 mm x 0.85 mm 32-pin QFN package.
The Si475x family implements Silicon Labs' proven and globally patented digital low intermediate frequency (low-IF) tuner architecture. Silicon Labs has shipped over 800 million broadcast audio tuners worldwide into many different radio applications using this architecture. The digital low-IF architecture delivers excellent performance whilst integrating the majority of external components and eliminating manual alignment required by competing solutions.
- Worldwide FM band support (64–108 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (520–1710 kHz)
- LW band support (144–288 kHz)
- SW band support (2.3–30 MHz)
- RDS/RBDS demodulator/decoder
- Advanced AM/FM noise blankers
- Advanced AM/FM hi-cut audio control
- Advanced FM hi-blend audio control
- Dynamic AM/FM channel bandwidth control
- AM lo-cut filter for power line interference
- Programmable AM/FM soft mute
- Programmable FM stereo-mono blend
- Analog FM MPX output
- Frequency synthesizer with fully integrated PLL-VCO
- Integrated clock oscillator
- Digital Low-IF architecture
- Eliminates expensive 10.7 MHz IF ceramic filters
- On-chip AM/FM AGC with integrated resistor and capacitor banks
- Eliminates external PIN diode attenuators and varactors