Si477x High-Performance AM/FM Radio Receiver and HD Radio Tuner
The Si477x AM/FM receiver family is the most integrated high performance radio receiver solution for high-end consumer audio/video receiver (AVR) equipment, as well as the professional audio (pro-audio) market.
The Si4770/77 radio receiver family employs 100% RF CMOS technology to bring outstanding receiver performance to the consumer electronics industry. The Si477x AM/FM broadcast receiver and HD Radio tuner (Si4777 only) employs an advanced, proven digital low-IF architecture to bring outstanding receiver performance to high-performance consumer electronics. Silicon Labs has shipped over one billion broadcast audio tuners worldwide into many different radio applications using this architecture. The digital low-IF architecture delivers excellent performance whilst integrating the majority of external components and eliminating manual alignment required by competing solutions.
The Si4770/77 receiver family supports worldwide radio reception, incorporating a digital preprocessor for the European Radio Data System (RDS) and the North American Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) including all required symbol decoding, block synchronization, error detection and error correction functions.
The Si4777 supports AM/FM HD radio channel reception with digital (I2S) Zero-IF (ZIF) I/Q outputs for interface to an HD Radio demodulator/decoder. The Si477x AM/FM receiver family introduces a pro-audio class patented FM channel equalizer algorithm which eliminates multi-path fading, thus yielding audio with minimal distortion.
High-End Consumer Audio Design Considerations
Explore how feature-rich, single-chip AM/FM receivers address key requirements and performance considerations for high-end audio equipment.
- Worldwide FM band support (64–108 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (520–1710 kHz)
- AM/FM HD Radio support (Si4777 only)
- Comprehensive signal quality metrics: RSSI, SNR, multi-path interference, frequency offset, adjacent channel RSSI, frequency deviation and image RSSI
- Advanced patented RDS softdecision decoder
- Advanced, patented FM channel equalizer for multi-path interference
- Dynamic AM/FM channel bandwidth control
- Programmable AM/FM soft mute
- FM stereo-mono blend
- FM hi-blend control
- AM/FM hi-cut control
- AM lo-cut filter
- L/R analog and digital (I2S) audio outputs
- Digital Low-IF architecture
- Frequency synthesizer with fully integrated PLL-VCO
- Fully integrated AM/FM front-end including high performance LNA, AGC with integrated resistor and capacitor banks and RF and IF peak detectors
- Integrated crystal oscillator
- Digital (I²S) Zero-IF AM/FM I/Q outputs (Si4777 only)
- 1.2 to 5 V power supplies
- QFN 40-pin, 6 mm x 6 mm x 0.85 mm
- Pb-free/RoHS compliant