Si4820/24/25/31/35/36 Mechanically-Tuned AM/FM Radio Receivers
The Si4820/24/25/31/35/36 is a mechanically-tuned digital display CMOS AM/FM/SW radio receiver IC that integrates the complete receiver function from antenna input to audio output. Similar to other superior audio products from Silicon Labs, the Si482x/3x family offers unmatched integration and PCB space savings with minimum external components and a small board area.
The Si482x/3x requires a simple application circuit and removes any requirements for manually tuning components during the manufacturing process. The Si4820/24/25 are drop in compatible with the Si4831/35/36, making the IC a simple product to design, manufacture, and support across multiple product lines. Powered by two AAA batteries, the receiver has ultra-low power consumption and delivers the performance benefits of digital tuning to the AM/FM/SW analog radio market.
For consumer applications that require EN55020 compliance, use the Si4831/35/36 family.
- Worldwide FM band support (64–109 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (504–1750 kHz)
- SW band support (5.6–22 MHz) (Si4824/25/35/36 only)
- Direct volume control
- On-chip bass and treble tone control
- Supports station and stereo LED indicators
- Flexible band selections
- Excellent real-world performance
- Automatic frequency control (AFC)
- Integrated LDO regulator
- 24-pin Pb-free SSOP
- Small single-sided PCB
- No manual alignment required
- No external MCU required
- Runs off 2 AAA batteries with 2.0~3.6 V supply voltage
- Wide range of ferrite loop sticks and air loop antennas supported
- Advanced linear frequency display