Si4820/24/25/31/35/36 Mechanically-Tuned AM/FM Radio Receivers
The Si4820/24/25/31/35/36 is a mechanically-tuned digital display CMOS AM/FM/SW radio receiver IC that integrates the complete receiver function from antenna input to audio output. Like other successful audio products from Silicon Labs, the Si482x/3x family offers unmatched integration and PCB space savings with minimum external components and a small board area.
The Si482x/3x requires a simple application circuit and removes any requirements for manually tuning components during the manufacturing process. The Si4820/24/25 are drop in compatible with the Si4831/35/36 and is a very simple product to design, manufacture, and support across multiple product lines. The receiver has very low power consumption, runs off two AAA batteries, and delivers the performance benefits of digital tuning to the AM/FM/SW analog radio market.
For consumer applications that require EN55020 compliance, use the Si4831/35/36 family.
- Worldwide FM band support (64–109 MHz)
- Worldwide AM band support (504–1750 kHz)
- SW band support (5.6–22 MHz) (Si4824/25/35/36 only)
- Direct volume control
- On-chip bass and treble tone control
- Supports station and stereo LED indicators
- Flexible band selections
- Excellent real-world performance
- Automatic frequency control (AFC)
- Integrated LDO regulator
- 24-pin Pb-free SSOP
- Small single-sided PCB
- No manual alignment required
- No external MCU required
- Runs off 2 AAA batteries with 2.0~3.6 V supply voltage
- Wide range of ferrite loop sticks and air loop antennas supported
- Advanced linear frequency display