Si890x Evaluation Kit
The Si890xPWR-KIT demonstrates 50/60 Hz ac line voltage and current measurements. This EVB is housed in a plastic case with recessed connectors to protect against user electrical shock. The Si890x isolated AC mains monitor accepts a 110 or 220 vac input, and supports load currents up to 25 A (max).
The on-board line side circuit interface measures ac voltage and current, which is then digitized by the Si890x on-chip 10-bit ADC. The resulting converted data is then transmitted through the output side isolated serial port to the on-board master processor, C8051F007 MCU. The C8051F007 MCU converts the serial data back to analog format, where it is available to the user at the low-voltage side of the evaluation module.
- EVB module measures:
- ac line voltage (110 vac or 220 vac at 50/60 Hz)
- ac line current (25 A max)
- Populated with devices for all three serial port options:
- UART (Si8900)
- I²C (Si8901)
- SPI (Si8902)
- 5 kV galvanic isolation between mains side and low-voltage side
- Digital or analog output available for evaluation