C8051F990 Ultra Low-Power Capacitive Touch Sensing and Touch Slider Evaluation Kit
The C8051F99x MCUs combine the industry-leading low power technology of the C8051F99x family with the fast and accurate capacitive touch sensing features of the patent-pending capacitance to digital converter (CDC). Silicon Labs' F990SliderEK Evaluation Kit is a battery powered capacitive sensing slider board that can be used to demonstrate several key features of the C8051F99x ultra low power microcontroller:
- Wake-on-slide – No off switch! Ultra low power wake-on-touch.
- Slider control – Allows multiple capacitive sensing pads to be bound together to form a slider control.
- Gesture recognition – Events enable the ability to detect gestures, such as a “pinch”, on the slider. In this system, the “pinch” gesture is used to switch amongst different modes: slider demo, battery meter and LED dimmer.
- Battery meter – Using the C8051F990’s 12-bit ADC, the system is able to measure the battery voltage and displays remaining voltage level.
- LED dimmer – The system dynamically reduces LED power consumption by driving the LEDs with a PWM signal. Taking advantage of the fast 2 μs wake-up time, the MCU can efficiently wake up from sleep, adjust the state of the LED and go back to sleep.
- Tiny layout with few discrete components – Save cost of crystal, resistors, capacitors and board space.
F990SliderEK Evaluation Kit Resources
F990SliderEK Quick Start GuideDownload Now
C8051F990 Slider Evaluation Kit User's GuideDownload Now
Appliction Note 358
Optimizing Low Power Operation of the C8051F9xxRead More
Appliction Note 359
Debugging Techniques for the C8051F9xxRead More
Appliction Note 367
Understanding Capacitive Sensing Signal to Noise RatiosRead More
Appliction Note 376
Effects of ESD Protection Devices on Capacitive Sensing PerformanceRead More
Appliction Note 431
C8051F93x-C8051F90x Software Porting GuideRead More
Appliction Note 447
Printed Circuit Design Notes for Capacitive Sensing with the CS0 ModuleRead More
F990SliderEK SoftwareDownload Now