Bluetooth Xpress iOS and Android Mobile Applications
Bluetooth Xpress modules provide a zero programming embedded solution enabling Bluetooth connectivity to smart phones. Silicon Labs offers Xpress framework to streamline mobile app development by abstracting core Bluetooth APIs on Android and iOS behind a high-level API unified across both mobile operating systems.
Features of the xpress framework include:
- Scan for Bluetooth Xpress devices with single API, which populates an array of discovered Xpress modules and notifies when new modules are found.
- Single connect API to handle all interrogation and connection with Bluetooth Xpress device.
- Read and write APIs enable send and receive across the BLE link with all lower-level Bluetooth-specific transactions handled automatically.
- Function to mode-switch Bluetooth Xpress communications link between stream mode and remote command execution.
- Remote command execution on Bluetooth Xpress devices for I/O control, configuration, and more.