AMW007-E04 Wireless Starter Kit
The AMW007-E04 evaluation board provides a quick and easy way to evaluate and develop using Gecko OS with the surface mounted AMWxx7 module. Using the AMWxx7 module is a breeze, simply plug the board into a computer using a standard USB cable or into one of Silicon Labs MCU evaluation kits using the EXP interface.
Hardware and Software Features
Starter Kit Features:
- USB-serial interface for simplified UART communications & power
- Two buttons and two LEDs to demonstrate I/O control
- Expansion headers to break out every pin on the module
- Reset button
- USB-UART interface for a direct serial connection to the AMW007 Wi-Fi module
- Separate LEDs indicate data on UART transmit/receive
- Sensor interface including two buttons and two LEDs
- Manual reset switch
- Breakout headers and ground hooks for easy prototyping
- Powered by USB interface
Starter Kit Specs:
- USB to UART: Up to 3 Mbit/s with hardware flow control (optional)
- Sensor Interface: 2 x push buttons, 2 x LEDs
- Breakout Header: 2 x 2x10-pin header (connects to every pin on the AMW007 module)
- Power Supply: +5 V from USB (500 mA max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 70 °C
Gecko OS is the connectivity operating system of choice for resource constrained Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Gecko OS accelerates time-to-market by providing a common software foundation across multiple product lines. The OS provides integrated security, sophisticated network connectivity features, file management, rich peripheral interfaces, and much more. By abstracting the underlying complexity of connectivity, developers can focus on what they do best – build great products.
Gecko OS provides the secure connectivity foundation that enables a device to wirelessly connect and be delivered to market in weeks versus months/years. It can be used either as a serially connected networking peripheral to a master subsystem or in the core system microcontroller as the central operating system with a dedicated and encrypted application sandbox. Both scenarios enable optional product portfolio manageability through the device management service, ZentriDMS, and can use any of our own cloud products or those from other leading IoT cloud vendors such as Amazon’s AWS IoT platform, IBM Bluemix, and Microsoft’s Azure IoT Suite.