The Si3056 and Si306x ICs are integrated silicon Direct Access Arrangement (DAA) products. The Si3056 IC offers a DSP-compatible Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI) enabling global compliance through a programmable telephone line interface. The Si306x family includes line-side devices for use with third-party processors that contain an integrated Silicon Labs DAA interface.
Offered as a chipset with either the Si3018 global line-side device or the Si3019 enhanced global line-side device, the Si3056 IC is fully programmable for ac and dc termination, ringer impedance and ringer threshold. The Si3056 chipset also supports billing tone detection, on- and off-hook polarity reversal detection and pulse dialing, enabling it to meet the most stringent global PTT requirements. Other enhanced features offered in the chipset include on and off-hook parallel phone detection, overcurrent protection, ring validation, higher transmit/receive levels (up to +3.2 dBm), finer resolution gain control (gain or attenuation adjustments in steps as small as 0.1 dB) and a programmable hybrid.
- Globally-compliant with FCC, NET4, CTR21, JATE and country-specific PTT specifications
- Type I and Type II caller ID support
- Automatic overcurrent protection
- Integrated ring detection and validation including programmable ring threshold
- Pulse dialing support
- Over 6000 V isolation with standard capacitors
- On/off-hook line voltage monitoring (1 V/bit) for parallel handset/valid line detection
- Off-hook loop current sensing
- Selectable terminations (up to 16 ac and 3 dc)
- 8-tap programmable hybrid filter to optimize near-end echo cancellation (Si3056 only)
- 16-bit codec with 84 dB dynamic range
- ± 12 dB transmit/receive gain or attenuation with step resolution of 0.1 dB (Si3056 only)
- Up to +6.0 dBm transmit/receive levels
- Polarity reversal detection