Si117x Biometric Optical Sensor
The Si117x module combines the lowest power optical HR solution in the industry with best-in-class power. The small, integrated module supports up to 4 distinct LEDs (all of which can be driven simultaneously), and simplifies optical design. The devices also support Silicon Labs’ proprietary, motion-compensated HR algorithm, optimized to run on our Gecko MCUs and Wireless Gecko SoC’s. This level of unparalleled integration enables system-level power and performance optimization, and reduces time to market for wearable makers looking to add HR to their systems.
The Si1172 and Si1173 products also have the capability to do single channel ECG measurements alongside optical HR, allowing you to add additional value and gather more physiological information from the user.
- Fully integrated Heart Rate Module IC
- Up to 4 LEDs with lensing and optical blocking
- high sensitivity photodiode
- Low noise analog front end and ADC
- Four independent, regulated LED drivers (1.7mA to 310mA)
- < 50 uA current for continuous HR (LED + Sensor Power)
- Built-in 2k buffer
- Supports synchronization with an accelerometer
- 24 bit ADC and AFE with over 100 dB dynamic range
- small size (3.7 mm x 7.0 mm)
- I2C and SPI support
- < 500nA standby current
- Available with high quality, motion compensated HR algorithm optimized for wrist based sensing.
- Built-in ECG front-end for single channel ECG measurements (Si1172 and Si1173)
Si117x Product Matrix
|Part Number||Data Short||Dev Kit||Description||LED Drivers||Package Type||Package Size (mm)|
|Si117xG2-KIT||Optical PPG module with multiple LEDs, photodiode and AFE/ADC||4||LGA Module||3.7x7.0|
|Si1172-ECG-KIT||Optical PPG Module with ECG support, Optical PPG module with ECG support||4||LGA Module||3.7x7.0|
|Si1172-ECG-KIT||Optical PPG module with ECG support||4||LGA Module||3.7x7.0|
|Si117xG2-KIT||Optical PPG module with multiple LEDs, photodiode and AFE/ADC. Support for Silicon Labs HRM algorithm.||4||LGA Module||3.7x7.0|