Si1132 Ultraviolet (UV) Index and Ambient Light Sensor IC
The Silicon Labs Si1132 device is not recommended for new designs. For new designs, please use the Si1133 UV Index and Ambient Light Sensor IC with I2C Interface.
The monolithic Si1132 sensor integrates multiple photodiodes, an analog-to-digital converter, a signal processor, and a digital I2C control interface in an impressively small 2 mm x 2 mm clear QFN package. This UV Index and ambient light sensor enables fitness wrist/arm bands, smart watches, and smartphones to measure UV sun exposure. Users of the devices benefit by receiving a warning when their current UV exposure is unhealthy or if they are cumulating UV exposure during exercise. This measurement is critical for people with an elevated risk of sunburn or anyone who is concerned about sun exposure.
The Silicon Labs low-power sensor enables long battery life with standby less than 500 nA and an average power of as little as 1.2 uA with once per second real-time UV Index measurements. An integrated ambient light sensor enables accurate light level monitoring under mixed lighting and automatic backlight control for improved end user visual experience and reduced backlight energy.
The Si114x family is supported within the optical sensor software tools.
- Digital UV Index sensor
- Determine real-time UV sun exposure and cumulative UV sun exposure
- Ambient light sensor
- Enables accurate light level monitoring under mixed lighting
- Automatic backlight control for improved end user visual experience and reduced backlight energy
- Low-power sensors, signal processer, and ADC enable long battery life
- As little as 1.2 µA average current with once per second UV Index measurements
- 1.7 to 3.6 V supply voltage
- < 500 nA standby current
- I2C interface for ease of communication with host MCU
- Tiny 2 mm x 2 mm clear QFN package
- Operating temperature: – 40 to 85 °C