Si2165 Demodulator (DVB-T/C)
The Si2165 digital TV demodulator is the most compact, lowest power and highest performance combo demodulator solutions for DVB-T/H, DVB-T/C/H (fixed reception for DVB-H).
The Si2165 demodulator is ideal for equipment receiving digital terrestrial and/or cable services, including Free-to-Air (FtA) or pay-TV set top box receivers, iDTVs, PC-TV cards, DVD/HDD personal video recorders, portable media players, portable DVD players, digital picture frames and automotive receivers.
The analog front-end consists of two ADCs with wide dynamic range (12-bit) to allow operation with standard IF (~36 MHz), low-IF or zero-IF inputs. This enables the use of the Si2165 with any TV tuner, either metal can or silicon tuner based. The multi-standard demodulator supports all modes of DVB-T (EN 300 744), including hierarchical modes. In addition to DVB-T's 2 K and 8 K FFT modes, the Si2165 also includes a 4 K FFT mode, “native” and “in-depth” deinterleavers and extended TPS to be compliant with DVB-H (EN 300 744 Annex F). The Si2165 can then receive DVB-H programs in fixed receiver applications (without decoding DVB-H's additional MPE FEC layer).
The Si2165 also supports ITU J.83 annex A/C and DVB-C (EN 300 429), including a user-configurable 31-tap equalizer. The Si2165 guarantees a low-cost system implementation due to its minimal BOM and very small package footprint (5 mm x 6 mm, 36-pin QFN). The Si2165 is pin-for-pin compatible.
A complete hybrid PAL/SECAM and DVB-T/C receiver (NIM or on-board) is provided when the Si2165 demodulator is paired with the Si217x hybrid TV tuner.
- DVB-T (ETSI EN 300 744) demodulator & FEC decoder
- DVB-H reception in fixed receivers (Annex F)
- ITU J.83 Annex A/C and DVB-C (EN 300 429) compliant demodulator & FEC decoder (Si2165)
- NorDig Unified 1.0.3, D-Book & C-Book compliant
- Suitable for low power design: 130 mW(typical, 36 MHz IF sampling mode)
- Independent AGC controls (for IF & RF), plus RSSI measurement
- ACI filtering: fixed 8 MHz SAW filter even for 7 MHz channel
- Advanced performance for SFN networks
- Impulsive noise protection algorithm