Si2166-D Satellite TV Demodulator (DVB-S2X/S2/S)
The Si2166-D satellite demodulator IC combines digital-video broadcast (DVB) satellite functions in one highly integrated device. The Si2166-D provides a single-chip, multi-standard solution that helps simplify the design of complex video front-ends now common in iDTV and STB designs.
The Si2166-D integrates digital demodulators for first and second generation satellite DVB standards, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X/S2, respectively, in a single advanced CMOS die. Leveraging Silicon Labs' proven digital demodulation architecture, the Si2166-D achieves excellent satellite reception performance while significantly minimizing front-end design complexity, cost and power dissipation. Connecting the Si2166-D to a satellite silicon tuner results in a high-performance and cost optimized TV or STB front-end solution.
The satellite demodulation functionality allows demodulating widespread DVB-S, DIRECTV™ (DSS), DVB-S2, and DIRECTV™ (AMC) legacy standards, as well as new Part II of DVB-S2 (S2X) satellite broadcast standard. Broadcast services, variable coding and modulation (VCM), 8, 16, 32 APSK modulations and code rates, new shorten roll-off factors, are the main specifications of the new DVB-S2 demodulator. A zero-IF interface allows for a seamless connection to market proven satellite silicon tuners. It also integrates DiSEqC™ 2.0 LNB interface for satellite dish control and an equalizer to compensate for echoes in long cable feeds from the LNB to the satellite tuner RF input.
The Si2166-D IC enables a low-cost system implementation due to its minimal BOM and very small package footprint (7 mm x 7 mm, 48-pin QFN). Benefiting from its compact form factor and reduced power dissipation in DVB-S2X/S2, it is ideal for module (NIM) integration or on-board design.
- DVB-S2 (ETSI EN 302 307-1)
- QPSK/8PSK demodulator
- DVB-S2X (ETSI EN 302 307-2)
- QPSK/8PSK, 8/16/32APSK demodulator
- Roll-off factors from 0.05 to 0.35
- DVB-S (ETSI EN 300 421) and DSS
- QPSK demodulator and enhanced FEC decoder
- 1 to 45 MSymbol/s for all satellite standards (<40 MSps in 32APSK)
- DIRECTV™ DSS compliant/AMC compatible
- DiSEqC™ 2.0 interface and Unicable support
- Two ADCs with differential input (ZIF input)
- I2C serial bus interfaces (master and host)
- Fast lock times
- Only two power supplies: 1.2 V and 3.3 V
- Reduced power consumption: < 470 mW in DVB-S2 mode @ 32 Msymbol/s worst case receive condition
- Pin-to-pin compatible with all Si216x/8x single demods family
- API compatible with all single and dual demods families
- 7 mm x 7 mm, QFN-48 pin package
Si2166 Product Matrix
||DVB-S2/S Digital Satellite Demodulator|
||DVB-S2X/S2/S Digital Satellite Demodulator|