Si3000 Voice Codecs
The Silicon Labs Si3000 is a complete voice I/O solution and is ideal for low power applications, such as handsets in multi-function printers. The device can be connected directly to any high-speed, ISOmodem system-side chip to support a telephone handset. An extended AT command set is available to control the Si3000.
In addition to a codec (A/D, D/A), the device integrates a microphone preamplifier, three-input mixer, +12.5 to –34.5 dB of programmable gain, headphone/speaker driver, and an integrated handset hybrid for direct connection to a two-wire telephone handset. Programmable gain and attenuation settings are available on both the A/D converter and the D/A converter signal paths with 1.5 dB step resolution. Programmable gain/attenuation is implemented using a zero crossing technique to enable “click-free” level transitions. Operation is from a single +5 V or a single +3.3 V power supply.
- 84 dB dynamic range A/D and D/A converter with 16-bit resolution
- Microphone input; programmable gain of 0, +10, +20, +30 dB
- Line level input (1 V RMS)
- 3:1 analog input mixer
- Integrated handset hybrid
- Digital input/output gain; programmable range of +12.5 to –34.5 dB
- Line level output (1 V RMS)
- Headphone output capable of driving a 32 ohm load
- 1.5 dB step resolution
- 50 mW power consumption
- Low-profile 16-pin small outline package (SOIC)