ZME0700A Z-Wave End Device Module (Coming Soon)
The ZME0700A is the next generation of Z-Wave technology for end device applications. Extremely efficient energy management with fast wake and sleep allows battery-operated sensors to work for up to ten years on a single coin cell. A compact footprint allows smart sensors to be deployed in virtually any product or home system. The ZME0700A will inspire new sensor designs and applications that can be brought to market fast.
The ZME700A System-in-Package module is a fully integrated Z-Wave module. With its long range and low power consumption, it is an ideal solution for smart home control and sensing applications such as motion sensors, door/window sensors, door locks, lighting control, thermostats, security networks, gateways and much more in the “Internet of Things”.
Combined with the Z-Wave Application Framework the ZME700A is the core building block for all smart home devices compliant with the Z-Wave interoperable ecosystem. The module contains a native security stack and a comprehensive set of hardware peripherals usable for advanced device functionality and offers 48-64 kB of flash memory for applications.
A baseband controller, Sub-GHz radio transceiver, crystal, decoupling, and matching is included to provide a complete Z-Wave System-in-Package module requiring only an external SAW filter and antenna.
The ZME700A SiP is based on an ARM® Cortex-M CPU, which is optimized to handle the data and link management requirements of a Z-Wave node. The Z-Wave protocol supports automatic retrans- missions, collision avoidance mechanisms, frame acknowledgements, frame CRCs, frequency agility, and full mesh routing to ensure a highly reliable and robust wireless communication solution.
- Sub-GHz radio transceiver module
- Temperature range min. -40 to +85 deg C
- ARM® Cortex-M CPU
- 48-64 kB flash application memory
- 8 kB user application SRAM
- 2 UART, 2 SPI, I2C
- 4-channel 12-bit ADC
- 4-channel 16-bit PWM
- Minimum 15 GPIOs
- Power-On-Reset/Brown-out detection
- Supply voltage range from 1.8 V to 3.6 V for optimal battery operation
- Sleep mode current typ. <1 μA
- ITU G.9959 compliant
- Z Wave 9.6/40/100kbps data rates
- Supports all Z-Wave Sub-GHz frequency bands (865.2 MHz to 926.3 MHz)
- Supports multi-channel frequency agility and listen before talk
- Worldwide component – ability to switch between SAW filters
- Z-Wave end device command classes
- Native S2 security support
- SmartStart automatic inclusion
- +10-year coin cell battery life for sensor applications such as door/window sensors
- 100 m / 300 ft. direct range free field
- Low latency wake-up <1 ms
- Security S2 key exchange <1 s
- Smart sensors
- End devices
- Consumer electronics
- Home control
- Smart insurance
- Senior monitoring
- Home security