CP21xx USB to UART Bridge
The CP21xx USB to UART bridge devices include a complete USB 2.0 full-speed function controller, bridge control logic and a UART interface with transmit/receive buffers and modem handshake signals. These devices also feature onboard EEPROM, a voltage regulator, a USB transceiver and an integrated internal oscillator, eliminating external components generally required in USB applications.
- Support for 1, 2 or 4 UARTs
- Easily implement USB in your designs
- Pre-programmed with all the necessary USB software
- No need to be familiar with the USB specification
- Seamless compatibility with most operating systems
- Evaluation kits available to support your design, including a complete USB to RS-232 evaluation board and royalty-free device drivers
- USBXpress® development kit includes support for USB to UART devices
The CP21xx family also includes the industry's first HID USB to SMBus/I2C bridge
that allows instant communication with most operating systems without installing any drivers.
Vendor ID (VID) / Product ID (PID)
Customers may use their own vendor ID (VID) , or they may use the Silicon Labs VID for USB products. If the Silicon Labs VID is used, the customer must request a unique product ID (PID)