Before posting a question
- Apply basic troubleshooting:
- Check hardware connections with multimeter.
- Use logic analyzers/oscilloscopes.
- Use Simplicity Studio Debugger/Energy Profiler.
- Search the forum to see if someone has asked the same question already.
- Consult the errata for the part you are working on.
- Consult the datasheets, reference manuals, application notes and user guides. Sources include:
- Simplicity Studio Launcher Documentation Tab
- 8-bit Knowledge Base Article List
- Silicon Labs Technical Resource Search
When posting a question, make sure to include the following:
- Provide detailed information about the issue.
- Include the relevant parts of your development setup in the problem description. Examples include:
- SDK version
- Part number
- Identify if using a Silicon Labs Evaluation Board or a custom board
- Compiler and compiler version
- Identify the expected behavior
- Identify the observed unexpected behavior, and provide step-by-step, detailed instructions on how to reproduce
- Provide operating conditions such as voltage, temperature, etc.
- Provide any relevant scope or logic analyzer captures of the unexpected behavior
For general community usage please refer to the Silicon Labs Community Guidelines.