1. Clarify to yourself what the specific issue is.
2. Apply basic troubleshooting:
3. For installation issues review these two Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs):
4. Consult the quick start guides and user guides. Sources include:
5. Search to see if someone has asked the same question already.
6. Include the relevant parts of your development setup in the problem description. Examples include:
7. Include steps to reproduce the problem or specific conditions when the issue is observed.
8. Does switching to a new workspace resolve the issue? ([File] -> [Switch Workspace] -> [Other...])
9. Consider providing Simplicity Studio logs
If you think the Simplicity Studio logs would be helpful in troubleshooting the issue
then consider opening a support case ( Create a Support Case ) instead of creating a forum post.
The logs can be generated with [Help] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next], pick a location to store the zip file and rename it if you want, then hit [Next] again and [Finish] and upload the resulting zip file to the support case.
The support case is suggested because the zip file can be large and also for privacy. The logs do not contain confidential information, but it is possible to see project names and filenames in some of the logs.
10. Be patient and avoid making duplicates of your question.
For general community usage please refer to the Silicon Labs Community Guidelines.