Here are some steps you can follow to enable the feature of upgrade(downgrade) the ncp image on host application.
1. upload the pre-build ncp image and uart-bootloader to the chip efr32mg12p332f1024gl125(brd4162a),Both of the firmwares base on the EmberZnet 6.2 in this article.
pre-build ncp image can be found in C:\SiliconLabs\SimplicityStudio\v4\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v2.2\protocol\zigbee\ncp-images.
uart-bootloader has to be built by the customer,for more details you can refer to
2. create an EZSP-UART host application base on EmberZnet 6.2 stack. You can refer to
3. enable client option of Over the Air Bootloading cluster on the EZSP-UART host application.
Edit 29 June 2020: Additionally, you also need to enable the following plugins from the plugins tab
1. OTA Bootload Cluster Client Policy -> this will also enable OTA Bootload Cluster Client , provide API:ota-client
2. OTA Cluster platform Bootloader
4. make and launch the host application. the ota-file folder will be created when the host application is launched for the first time.
5.creat the ota file with the ncp image base on EmberZnet 6.1 stack and put the ota file in ota-file folder.You have to convert the ncp image from .s37 file to .gbl file, and then convert the gbl file to the ota file.
Regarding how to convert the ncp image from .s37 file to .gbl file,you can refer to
Regarding how to creat the ota file with gbl file, you can refer to
6.re-launch the host application, the ota file should be found.
7.cli command <plugin ota-client bootload 0>is used to make the ncp run into the bootloader and transfer the image from the host application to the bootloader.
8 re-launch the host application, ncp stack version change to [6.1.0 GA build 84].
I have done follow like that. But I meet an error. When I create an ota file by both methods Test Certificate and User-Supplied Certificate, all return in Terminal like this:
image-builder Copyright 2013 Silicon Laboratories, Inc.
ECC signature support NOT present.
ERROR: Signature support not present, cannot sign images.
Please tell me how to solve this problem?