Ember® ZigBee® Wireless Networking Systems
Ember® is the platform of choice for OEMs developing ZigBee® networking into their products. The Ember ZigBee platform is the most integrated, complete and feature rich ZigBee solution available — a single-chip, high-performance 2.4 GHz ZigBee transceiver and ARM® Cortex®-M3 processor integrated with the most reliable, scalable and advanced ZigBee PRO software and supported by best-in-class development tools.
Ember chips (stack embedded), development kits and other programming and debugging tools can be purchased through Silicon Labs' worldwide sales channels
EM359x SoC/NCP - Higher pin count parts in the EM35x family NEW
The Ember EM359x family of ZigBee SoCs offers 8 additional GPIO (32 total) and 2 additional serial ports (4 total) versus the EM351/7 or EM358x parts.
- EM3591—256 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports
- EM3592—256 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports, with USB
- EM3595—512 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports
- EM3596—512 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports, with USB
- EM3597—512 kB Flash and 64 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports
- EM3598—512 kB Flash and 64 kB RAM, 32 GPIO, 4 Serial Ports, with USB
EM35x SoC/NCP — Market-leading ZigBee SoC
The Ember EM35x family of ZigBee SoCs minimizes external components and provides multiple RF connection options for easy use with or without external PAs. These parts integrate a programmable ARM Cortex-M3 processor, IEEE 802.15.4 ZigBee transceiver, up to 512 kB Flash and up to 64 kB RAM, and the EmberZNet PRO network protocol stack supporting the ZigBee PRO feature set. The larger memory parts are ideal for more complex applications or applications that require flash space to store an over-the-air upgrade firmware image.
- EM351—128 kB Flash and 12 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports
- EM357—192 kB Flash and 12 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports
- EM3581—256 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports
- EM3582—256 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports, with USB
- EM3585—512 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports
- EM3586—512 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports, with USB
- EM3587—512 kB Flash and 64 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports
- EM3588—512 kB Flash and 64 kB RAM, 24 GPIO / 2 Serial Ports, with USB
The rigorously tested and field-proven EmberZNet PRO networking protocol stack sets the bar for ZigBee PRO stack reliability. Used in more announced products than any other ZigBee PRO stack, the EmberZNet PRO stack derives its robustness from years of experience delivering mesh network solutions. The EmberZNet PRO stack offers complete ZigBee PRO compliance with additional enhancements for robustness and ease-of-use that maintain compliance while offering developers an edge over standard ZigBee PRO Feature Set implementations.
EM35x Development System
The EM35x development environment dramatically shortens design cycles by uniting sophisticated network development and debugging tools. It begins with the silicon-based packet trace port, a collection of minimally-intrusive hardware debugging features on the EM35x SoC and network co-processor. Debug adapters bridge the packet trace port to the developer's PCs via an Ethernet connection, where Ember Desktop enables rapid development and debugging. Ember AppBuilder is an easy-to-use graphical tool providing the fastest path to certifiable products using ZigBee standard public application profiles. Bundles of these tools and development boards are available for each of the Ember ZigBee chipsets.