Community & Support
Silicon Labs Wi-SUN SDK is the industry-leading software stack and development tools for Wi-SUN application development. FAN certified Wi-SUN stack is based on the open-source implementation from ARM® and is therefore highly optimized for the ARM® Cortex® series based EFR platform from Silicon Labs. This solution provides PHY, MAC and IPv6-6LoWPAN layers up to the application layer and includes a FAN certified Border Router.
Wi-SUN Solution Highlights
Complete solution for end nodes and border routers
FAN certified PHYs, Stack & Border Router Reference
All mandatory and optional data rates including 50 kbps, 100 kps, and 150 kbps
Regional support for North America, Brazil, Europe, and India
Wi-SUN Border Router Demo
Wi-SUN Network Analyzer
Simplicity Studio IDE and WSTK + Radio boards
CoAP Library & Wi-SUN Sample Applications
Standards Based - CoAP, TCP, UDP, IPv6, 6LoWPAN, RPL
Tool Chain – GCC and IAR
FreeRTOS and Micrium
POSIX like socket interface
Download and Install Simplicity Studio
Get up and running quickly with Wi-SUN SDKs, precompiled demos, application notes and examples. Use advanced tools including energy profiling and network analysis to optimize your wireless systems. Choose your software package below.
Silicon Labs wireless IoT SDKs and code examples are also available for download on GitHub.
VS Code IDE Support
In addition to the Simplicity Studio IDE, we also support VS Code that can be used in companion with all of our unique development tools.
Gecko SDK Release Notes (220.127.116.11)
Latest Release - Q2/2023 (May 2023)
Wi-SUN Version 18.104.22.168
- Wi-SUN Stack
- Added minimal support for FAN1.1 LFN (Limited Functional Node), including an API to configure the device role, and a new st of libraries supporting both LFN and FFN device types
- Added support for FAN 1.1 PHY mode switch
- Added support for FSK FEC
- Added support for EFR32FG25 - it supports all FAN1.1 OFDM modulation schemes and all FAN1.0 FSK configurations
- Added support for EFF01
- Wi-SUN Applications
- Added support for EFR32FG25
- Added FAN 1.1 PHY support (settings and CLI)
- Added a CoAP Advanced Resource Handler
- Added support for iPerf multicast
- Added support for CPC in Wi-SUN RCP
Gecko Platform Version 22.214.171.124
- Support for EFR32xG25 devices
- Support for MGM240Dx modules
- Support for BGM24x modules
- Improved CPC UART drivers reliability
- Many CPC improvements
- Android support for CPCd
- Updates the Mbed TLS library to version 3.2.1, with support for CBAP
- Updated ITS driver (version 3) for optimised key look up time
- Updated software support for TrustZone, Evaluation quality
Community & Support
Knowledge Base Articles
Browse our knowledge base articles for information about specific products.
Browse technical questions, share your ideas, and learn more about our latest solutions.
Questions? You're in the Right Place.
Silicon Labs has an active, knowledgeable user community of engineers and developers that are enthusiastic about solving problems.