Our business operations, product design and technology investments all take into consideration environmental impact, and we employ strict process controls and continual improvement to our quality, social and environmental management systems. We demand high standards from all of our global supply chain partners, including business integrity and respect for human rights and the planet. We strive to ensure that working conditions are safe, workers are treated with respect and dignity and global manufacturing processes are environmentally and socially responsible.
Silicon Labs provides a minimum lifetime of 10 years after the release of products. Silicon Labs continually monitors its products and will offer a renewal of the 10-year lifetime commitment based on volume, target market, technology and manufacturing.
Silicon Labs ISO 9001:2015 Certificate
We have been registered to ISO 9001 Quality Management System since June 2000. The most recent recertification to the ISO 9001:2015 standard was completed in October 2020. Silicon Labs is ISO 9001:2015 certified with TUV Rheinland of North America.
Silicon Labs IATF 16949 Conformance
We maintained certification to ISO/TS 16949 from January 2008 to October 2014. Due to a 2013 change in the certification eligibility requirements, fabless semiconductor companies are no longer eligible for certification; however we continue to conform to IATF 16949.
Our Supply Chain
We partner with world-class suppliers to manage products from development to customer delivery. We ensure our supply chain's global manufacturing processes are environmentally and socially responsible, including safe and respectful working conditions. We demand high standards of business integrity, environmental responsibility and respect for human rights from all partners.
- All suppliers involved in the production of Silicon Labs products are required to be ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Automotive suppliers are required to be IATF 16949:2016 certified
- Supply Chain Transparency Statement Pursuant to California SB 657 and UK Modern Slavery Act (MSA)
- Global Human Rights policy
- Supplier Code of Conduct, modeled after the Responsible Business Alliance® (RBA®) Code of Conduct
We monitor and perform ongoing assessments of our supply chain’s overall health and secure the second source as appropriate to ensure continuity of supply. All our suppliers maintain business continuity plans in order to continue to meet customer demand in the case of any business interruption event.
Commitment to Automotive Quality
Our automotive products meet the AEC-Q100 qualifications and only use IATF 16949 certified suppliers. Automotive offerings include Grade 1, 2, and 3 products that meet and exceed AEC-Q100, JEDEC and most OEM specifications, including EMC and ESD. A zero-defect objective is built into our automotive products from the early design stage and through the manufacturing, order fulfillment and delivery processes. Automotive manufacturing flows are engineered to ensure delivery of defect-free products that remain trouble-free throughout the life of the vehicle:
- 100% inspections and testing to all data sheet specifications
- Implementation of statistical yield management
- Early warning systems to identify potential problems
- Once production commences, the procurement and delivery processes provide responsive order confirmation and visible status for customer delivery. Products are delivered on time, defect-free and ready for 10+ years of automotive use.
For more information about our quality standards, visit our FAQ page.