Simplicity Studio Software
Simplicity Studio is the unified development environment for all Silicon Labs technologies, SoCs, and modules. It provides you with access to the target device-specific web and SDK resources, software and hardware configuration tools, and an integrated development environment (IDE) featuring industry-standard code editors, compilers, and debuggers. With Simplicity Studio, you get a complete set of advanced value-add tools for network analysis and code-correlated energy profiling.
No matter your experience level, Simplicity Studio takes you through an optimized workflow, enabling quicker project progression, device configuration, and application optimization. Simplicity Studio 5 is built on Eclipse and C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT), adding robustness, improving performance, and allowing you to customize your development experience using plug-ins from the Eclipse Marketplace.
Simplicity Studio version 5 supports Silicon Labs Secure Vault, the most advanced security software suite with the highest PSA Certification Level 3. With Secure Vault, you can protect your IoT devices against escalating threats while conforming to the quickly evolving cyber-security regulations. The IDE also includes a UI engine for modern, responsive, web-like user interfaces.
Download the Full Online Installer Version of Simplicity Studio 5
|Operating System||Tested Version|
|Windows||Windows 10 (64-bit)
11.x Big Sur*
* If trying to use the Keil 8051 or IAR toolchains, Click Here
|Linux||Ubuntu 20.04 LTS|
|CPU||1 GHz or better|
|Memory||1 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB recommended for Wireless Protocol development|
|Disk Space||600 MB disk space for minimum FFD installation
7 GB for Wireless Dynamic Protocol support
Simplicity Studio Tools
Simplicity Studio provides wireless IoT developers with the most advanced set of development tools at no cost. Explore the toolbox!
Develop energy-efficient wireless applications – Optimize your code for low power consumption line by line.
- Visualize the current consumption of your target system in real-time
- Ability to capture data simultaneously from multiple targets
- Save the energy trace for later analysis
- Correlate energy with the code running on your device
- Correlate with the radio TX/RX activity through PTI (Packet Trace Interface)
Speed-up wireless troubleshooting – Capture the raw wireless traffic flowing in the system and analyze it in a human-readable format.
- Analyze the data being sent or received by an EFR32 device’s radio
- Decode the raw data according to the implemented protocol (e.g. BLE, Zigbee, Z-Wave)
- Visualize radio activity as individual packets or transactions (groups of packets)
- Capture data from multiple sources into the same log file
An essential tool for encrypting, flashing, signing, and creating firmware binaries among the many other purposes.
- Program, erase and read the flash content on your device
- Use the CLI to script the commands you need
- Read, write and parse tokens or NVM3 content
- Configure and upgrade hardware kit firmware
- Secure your device by signing and encrypting firmware images, locking debug access and other options
Download the Simplicity Commander for your Platform below
Bluetooth GATT Configurator
Create and configure the GATT database on your Bluetooth Low Energy firmware.
- Quickly build the GATT database for your embedded Bluetooth device
- Add services, characteristics and descriptors, either standard of custom
- Export and import the database between different projects or with GATT Configurator on EFR Connect mobile app
- Generate the GATT database on the embedded firmware as either static or dynamic implementation
Bluetooth Mesh Configurator
Configure Bluetooth mesh node parameters and models on your firmware.
- Add and configure the elements of your Bluetooth Mesh device
- Add and configure the models within each element
- Define vendor models for your own specific application needs
- Solve conflicts easily through the built-in validator
- Export and import the Bluetooth Configuration between different projects
Proprietary Radio Configurator
Configure the radio PHY parameters for your proprietary applications.
- Access all the configuration options in the radio
- Fully customize the modem to fit your needs
- Define your packet preamble, sync word and other options
- Export and import the radio configuration between different projects
Bluetooth NCP Commander
An intuitive graphical user interface for controlling your BLE or Bluetooth Mesh NCP target.
- Control the NCP target intuitively through a graphical user interface and learn the inner workings of the Bluetooth API
- Launch commands effortlessly through the smart console with built-in documentation and intellisense
- Perform the most common BLE functions (advertising, scanning, connections)
- Manipulate the GATT database on the NCP target leveraging Dynamic GATT feature on the embedded stack
- Provision and configure Bluetooth Mesh devices
Direction Finding Toolsuite
A visual set of tools to setup a multi-locator positioning system – Get your Bluetooth Direction Finding solution up and running faster!
- Easily build and configure the multilocator setup step-by-step
- Import and Export the multilocator configuration
- Observe the location of your assets in real time together with location data
- Record data streams for later analysis