Quality, Environmental, Supply Chain, and Corporate FAQs
The following are frequently asked questions and answers regarding quality and environmental standards and policies.
- What is the Silicon Labs Corporate Governance Policy?
- What are Silicon Labs' quality systems and operations?
- How do I contact Silicon Labs?
- Where is Silicon Labs located?
- How do I get financial information for Silicon Labs?
- What is the Silicon Labs social responsibility protocol?
- What are Silicon Labs ethics and compliance policies?
- How do I get the Silicon Labs ISO 14001:2015 Registration Certificate?
- What partner certifications have Silicon Labs been awarded?
- How do I get environmental data for Silicon Labs' part numbers?
- What is the Silicon Labs WEEE strategy?
- Do Silicon Labs' products contain "Conflict Minerals"?
- Silicon Labs' compliance with California's Proposition 65
- How can I get more information about Silicon Labs' product energy efficiency?
- How do I return a product or send a product for failure analysis?
- What are the standard response times for failure analysis?
- How do I get the Silicon Labs ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 registration certificates?
- What is the lifetime guarantee of your specific product lines?
- What is the Silicon Labs supplier management policy?
- How do I get import/export information?
- How do I get information on ordering, packing & logistics?
- What do the Responsible Business Alliance® (RBA®) Code of Conduct requirements, which all suppliers are required to acknowledge and support, include?
Q: What is the Silicon Labs Corporate Governance policy?
A: The Silicon Labs corporate governance overview is found at the following location:
Q: What are Silicon Labs' quality systems and operations?
A: Silicon Labs offers a wide variety of semiconductor products and peripheral items within many segments of the electronics, equipment and automotive industries. The quality and operations overview helps answer questions customers may have regarding Silicon Labs’ operations.
Included in this quality and operations overview are the following topics:
- Corporate Overview
- Development Process
- Qualification Process
- Manufacturing Process
- Supplier and Technology Selection Strategy
- Quality Overview
- Customer Support
Q: How do I contact Silicon Labs?
A: Silicon Labs can be contacted via telephone, email or postal mail
Q: Where is Silicon Labs located?
A: The Silicon Labs headquarters are in Austin, Texas (USA), with offices around the world.
Q: How do I get financial information for Silicon Labs?
A: Financial information, sales figures, quarterly results and DUNS information for Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is found on the investor relations section.
Q: What is the Silicon Labs social responsibility protocol?
A: Silicon Labs maintains a corporate environmental and social responsibility protocol that substantially complies with the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA).
Q: What are Silicon Labs' ethics and compliance policies?
A. Conducting the business affairs of Silicon Labs in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with legal requirements aligns directly with our mission of providing quality solutions to our customers. Senior leadership, starting with our CEO, communicates to all employees the importance of acting in concert with our core values and our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. All employees are required within 30 days of hire to complete business conduct and ethics training. Additionally, each year all employees are required to complete ethics, anti-corruption, harassment, import/export compliance, insider trading, conflicts of interest, and antitrust training.
Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics applies to all Company employees, officers, consultants, and members of the Board of Directors. Silicon Labs' leadership team and Board of Directors are surveyed every year as to possible conflicts of interest and ethical issues. Our auditors audit and review our internal controls and verify each quarter with our management for knowledge of any possible instance of fraud.
Additional Corporate Governance Policy and Documents are available on our Investor Relations site.
Q: How do I get the Silicon Labs ISO14001:2015 Registration Certificate?
A: Silicon Labs is ISO1 14001:2015 certified with TUV Rheinland of North America
Q: What partner certifications has Silicon Labs been awarded?
A: Silicon Labs is proud to have been awarded the Sony Green Partner Certificate.
Q: How do I get environmental data for the Silicon Labs part numbers?
A: The environmental data part number search provides detailed device composition and test results for Silicon Labs part numbers. You can also download the following documents (if available) for each part number:
- Detailed Device Composition (MDDS Data)
- IPC 1752-1 (XML format)
- RoHS Certificate of Compliance Halogen-Free Certificate of Compliance
- PFOS Certificate of Compliance
- REACH Declaration
- RoHS Test Reports
Q: What is the Silicon Labs WEEE strategy?
A: Silicon Labs' products do not fall within the defined scope of the European Community’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment legislation. Silicon Labs is an environmentally conscious corporation, however, and will receive its waste products and recycle them or dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner. Credit will not be provided for product returned in this manner.
If you have products that you know are from Silicon Labs and you wish to return for recycling or disposal, please send an e-mail request to: email@example.com. Please provide the following information in your email:
Subject Line: WEEE Return
Quantity for each P/N:
Q: Do Silicon Labs' products contain "Conflict Metals"?
A: Silicon Labs is committed to complying with legislation regarding the reporting of the use of "Conflict Metals".
Q: Silicon Labs' compliance to California's Proposition 65
A: To the best of our current knowledge under normal usage, Silicon Labs' IC semiconductor and module products comply with California Proposition 65 (the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, 1986). Although some of our products contain Proposition 65 substances, there is no exposure route, such as contact with skin, food/drink or inhalation. Silicon Labs' IC semiconductor and module products contain No Significant Risk Levels (NSRLs) for cancer-causing chemicals and are below the Maximum Allowable Dose Levels (MADLs) for chemicals causing reproductive toxicity. Therefore, a warning label that our product(s) contains compounds that may cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm is not required.
Q. How can I get more information about Silicon Labs' product energy efficiency?
A. Silicon Labs constantly innovates to improve our products and services for energy efficiency and productivity. Our products are reduced in die size to improve production yields, further reduce the energy consumption footprint, and optimize manufacturing processes for source reductions. We’re a leader in low-power wireless and empower our customers to create IoT devices that reduce energy consumption.
Q: How do I return product or send product for failure analysis?
A: Please contact your Customer Service Representative for Returned Material Authorizations (RMA). Product sent without a valid RMA will not be credited or analyzed.
Q: What are the standard response times for failure analysis?
A: Following are the standard failure analysis (FA) and 8D response times:
- Initial Failure Analysis: 7 workdays from suspect product receipt
- 8D Containment: 5 workdays from customer notification or proof of failure (after initial FA)
- Final Failure Analysis: 22 workdays from suspect product receipt
- 8D Root Cause and Corrective Action Plan: 14 workdays from customer notification or root cause discovery (after final FA)
Silicon Labs Failure Analysis Lab Equipment Capabilities
Silicon Labs has extensive internal device analysis capabilities. The facility is 1580 square feet, and includes the following equipment:
- 3 High Power Optical Microscopes (1 with confocal capability)
- 2 Low Power Stereo Zoom Microscopes
- Image capture hardware and software for above
- Dual Beam FIB; FEI Helios Nanolab 660
- JEOL 7600 FE-SEM (750 KX max) with EDAX EDS System
- GE Micromex X-Ray with 3D-CT capability
- OKOS Scanning Acoustic Microscope (C-SAM)
- Zygo Nexview Optical Surface Profiler
- Reactive Ion Etcher
- 3 Polishing/Cross-section Stations
- 2 ASAP backside milling machines
- Full wet lab for chemical deprocessing, etc.
- 2 u-Probe Stations with various Semiconductor Parameter Analyzers and miscellaneous bench equipment
- QFI Scanning Optical Laser (1064nM & 1340nM) TIVA/LIVA fault isolation
- QFI Photo Emission Si-CCD (500nm –1000nm)
- QFI MWIR-512 Thermography tool
- Multiprobe AFM Nano-prober
- Hamamatsu Phemos 1000 EMMI/OBIRCH tool
- Kleindiek SEM nano-probe tool
- Optotherm Thermal Camera
ESD Characterization and Qualification
- Barth Transmission Line Pulse Tester
- 2 MK2 ESD and Latchup Testers
- Orion CDM Tester
- HPPI VF-TLP Tester
Q: How do I get the Silicon Labs ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 registration certifications?
A: Silicon Labs ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 registration certifications can be downloaded in PDF format:
Q: What are the lifetime guarantee of your specific product lines?
A: We target a minimum 10-year lifecycle for our wireless, sensor and microcontroller hardware products. The product longevity date can be found on the Quality and Packaging tab of the products' device page. You can search for your OPN here.
Q: What is the Silicon Labs supplier management policy?
A: For information on the Silicon Labs product supplier chain, please contact your Customer Service Representative.
Q: How do I get import/export information?
A: For import/export information, please contact your Customer Service Representative.
Q: How do I get information on ordering, packing & logistics?
A: For information on product packing and logistics, please contact your Customer Service Representative.
Q: What do the Responsible Business Alliance® (RBA®) Code of Conduct requirements, which all suppliers are required to acknowledge and support, include?
A: RBA Requirements include:
- Safe worker conditions
- Environmental requirements for conservation of energy use, water use, and pollution prevention
- No forced labor or child labor
- Fair wages
- Ethical business practices
- Implementation of a water management program that documents, characterizes, and monitors water sources
- Routine monitoring of the performance of its wastewater treatment and containment systems to ensure optimal performance
- Responsible management systems to conform to the code
Q: What is the Silicon Labs product qualification testing process?
A: Silicon Labs follows JEDEC industry standards for product qualification testing. For product specific results, please contact your Customer Service Representative.
Q: How do I find product definition information?
A: Product information, data sheets, errata, application notes, selected part change notifications (PCNs) and user guides can be found in the document library:
Q: Where can I find the Silicon Labs product reporting (Q&R Report)?
A: Silicon Labs provides a quarterly report for product reliability. The latest report is available for download:
Q: Do Silicon Labs' products contain "Conflict Metals"?
A: Silicon Labs is committed to complying with Legislation regarding the reporting of the use of "Conflict Metals".