Silicon Labs Connect is an IEEE 802.15.4 MAC-based wireless networking stack for a variety of proprietary applications optimized for low power devices. This full-featured, easily customizable networking stack is designed for compliance with regulatory specifications across worldwide geographic regions and supports both Sub-GHz and 2.4 GHz frequency bands.
The stack supports many combinations of radio modulation, frequency, and data rates allowing devices to be configured as end nodes, coordinators, and range extenders. It includes all wireless MAC (Medium Access Control) layer functions such as scanning, joining, setting up a point-to-point, or extended star network, as well as managing device types such as sleepy end devices, routers, and coordinators. With all this functionality already implemented in the stack, you can focus on your end application development and not worry about the lower-level radio and network details.
- Reliable point-to-point, star and extended star network topologies
- Supports all device types - coordinators, range extenders and
end nodes/sleepy end nodes
- 802.15.4-like scanning, network forming and joining or association
- 802.15.4 MAC mode support
- Fully tested pre-set PHYs with some configuration options with RAIL
- Point to point and Sensor-Sink sample applications
- Support for Frequency Hopping on EFR32™
- Unicast and multicast over the air updates
- Bootloader variants for all supported boards
- NCP UART example applications
- Encryption and authentication of data packets
- Support for sub-GHz PHYs with DSSS using OQPSK
Get up and running quickly with precompiled demos, application notes and examples. Use advanced tools including energy profiling and network analysis to optimize your wireless systems. Choose your software package below.
After plugging in your kit, launch Simplicity Studio and Open Package Manager in the left upper corner (green downward arrow under the menu bar). Select the desired stacks and download them. Visit the package manager regularly for updates.
Download the User's Guide and follow the instructions to lean how to get started.
Flex Gecko DocumentationView All Documentation
Getting Started with the Silicon Labs Flex Software Development Kit for the Wireless Gecko (EFR32™) PortfolioRead More
RAIL User's Guide
Learn more about RAIL Application Development FundamentalsRead More
Silicon Labs Connect User Guide
Learn more about Connect Software StackRead More
Porting RAIL Applications to RAIL Version 2.xRead More
Flex Gecko Range Test Demo User's Guide
Evaluate the link budget of Flex Gecko devices using Silicon Labs’ Radio Abstraction Interface Layer (RAIL) by performing a range test between two nodes.Read More
Using RAIL for Wireless M-Bus Applications with EFR32Read More
EFR32FG1x Wireless M-Bus Performance Measurement ResultsRead More
Proprietary Knowledge Base
Find immediate answers to your technical questions.Read More