A robust yet easy-to-use USB device stack. Includes support for Audio, CDC ACM, CDC EEM, HID, MSC, and Vendor classes.
USB Host Features
- Support for high-speed (480 Mbit/s) and full-speed (12 Mbit/s) devices
- Compliant with USB 2.0 specification
- Easy-to-use API
- Extensive test cases and test harness to verify stack integration
- Support for composite (multifunction) devices
- Support for multiple USB device configurations
- Power saving functionality, including support for device suspend and resume
- Support for Audio, CDC ACM, CDC EEM, HID, MSC, and Vendor classes
- Support for Microsoft OS descriptors for USB devices to streamline installation of vendor-specific drivers on Windows PCs
USB Devices Classes
|Class||Example Device Type|
|Communications Device Class Abstract Control Model (CDC ACM)
|Communications Device Class Ethernet Emulation Model (CDC EEM)
|Human Interface Device (HID)
|Mass Storage Class (MSC)
Micrium uses the USB Command Verifier (USBCV) to validate the compliance of the stack with the USB specification. The USBCV is the official compliance test tool for USB devices. This tool is provided by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). The USBCV offers a test suite to validate the compliance of a device with Chapter 9 of the USB specification Revision 2.0 (enumeration process). It also offers a test suite for several classes.
The following table lists the different layers of Micrium USB Device and the USBCV test suite used to validate the implementation..
|Layer||USBCV Test Suite|
|Core||Chapter 9 Tests|
|Human Interface Device Class||HID Tests|
|Mass Storage Class
|Device Controller Driver
||Chapter 9, HID, MSC, PDHC Tests|
Licensing Packages That Meet Your Needs
Micrium embedded components are priced as individual modules or as bundled solutions. Check out our licensing page for more information.