Dynamic Multiprotocol wireless connectivity provides a viable means to simultaneously support multiple wireless protocols such as Zigbee and Blueooth on a single chip.
Zigbee 3.0 defines more than 130 devices and the widest range of device types including home automation, lighting, energy management, smart appliance, security sensors, and health care monitoring products. It supports both easy-to-use DIY installations as well as professionally installed systems. All current device types, commands, and functionality defined in current Zigbee PRO-based standards are available in Zigbee 3.0.
- Reliable and robust and uses multi-hop mesh networking to eliminate single points of failure and expand the reach of networks.
- Low-power allowing battery-operated devices such as door and window sensors to operate for seven years. With the Green Power feature, you don't need any batteries!
- Scalable and supports networks of thousands of nodes providing a networking for the smart home or the smart city.
- Secure and uses a variety of security mechanisms such as AES-128 encryption, device and network keys and frame counters.
- Global and is built on 2.4 GHz which is available for unlicensed use anywhere around the world. This means a product developer can sell the same product anywhere on the planet.