Certification of devices to Z-Wave standards is also required as part of the Trademark and Distribution License agreement and every device must pass a series of tests to assure that it is compliant prior to the device being marketed or sold commercially.
In order to secure interoperability there is a straight-forward Z-Wave certification program in place that consists of 2 mandatory components:
1. Technical Certification - managed through Silicon Labs utilizing an independent 3rd party test house.
2. Market Certification - managed through the Z-Wave Alliance.
Both components must be successfully completed before a device certification number can be issued and products can feature the Z-Wave interoperability logo badges. The Z-Wave Plus logo on a product or package assures customers, consumers, dealers, integrators and service providers that the products will reliably perform with all Z-Wave certified products, designed for the same region.
1. Z-Wave Certification Portal. Request access to the Z-Wave Certification Portal .
2. Membership of Z-Wave Alliance. The company that owns the technical certification and the company whose brand will appear on the product MUST join the Z-Wave Alliance as a full member. In order to take advantage of all the Z-Wave Alliance benefits this step should be considered early in your development process, as well as including your marketing team to ensure compliance with the marketing requirements, logos, packaging and paper inlays.
3. Compliance Test Tool. Download the Compliance Test Tool (CTT) from the Z-Wave Certification Portal and use it during product development to test and verify your Z-Wave implementation.
4. Send your Product to Certification Testing. After ensuring your product is Z-Wave compliant, finalize, and submit your form on the Z-Wave Certification Portal. A case number is automatically assigned and once your submission has been reviewed and approved, you can start working with one of our independent test houses.
5. Market Certification. Start your Market Certification with the Z-Wave Alliance as soon as you have a case number. Find the latest Market Certification requirements and guidelines on the Z-Wave Alliance member website.
6. Z-Wave Certification is done. Once the device has passed the technical tests AND the Market Certification has been approved by the Z-Wave Alliance a Z-Wave certification number is issued and you can now launch your product into the interoperable Z-Wave ecosystem.
Visit the Support Portal for assistance. Reach out to the following teams for specific needs.
Z-Wave Certification Team for questions regarding the overall certification process or questions regarding certification interoperability testing done by the independent test partners.
Support Team or your local Silicon Labs Field Application Engineer for questions regarding the Z-Wave Protocol or Commando Class implementation
Specifications Team for questions regarding the Z-Wave Device Type, Role Type, Command Classes or Command Class Control Specifications.
OR email to the Z-Wave Alliance Team email@example.com for questions regarding the Market certification process.
Please select at least one column.