General Data Usage
Information We Collect Through the Site
Many areas of our Site require you to sign in or register for an account, during which we will ask for your name, email, country, state and telephone number. As a registered user on our Site, we also collect your IP address, use geolocation services (with your permission) and collect information on how you use our site.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, as permitted by local law. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. If you no longer want to receive email communication from us, you can update your preferences here: https://siliconlabs.force.com/apex/ManageNotifications.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations, to protect our rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
We retain your information as required by law and/or other governing regulations but in no cases greater than 7 years from your last interaction with us.
Right to Access Personal Information
GDPR provides individuals with the right to access their personal data in order to review, correct, amend or delete their information. We will work to resolve your request within 30 days of receipt. To complete a request, simply fill out the form.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way. There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you. Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
What sort of cookies does Silicon Labs use?
Generally, our cookies perform up to three different functions.
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify registered users and ensure they can access the pages that are only available to registered users. If a user opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content on our website.
We utilize other cookies to analyze how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site, and recall your customization preferences, such as which regional edition of the website you want to see when you log in. We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online, comment on a blog, or use the Silicon Labs Community Support Forums.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to our Site and other websites, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows third parties to display targeted ads to you on the websites you visit.
We and our third-party service providers use Targeting cookies to:
- Link to social networks, like Facebook, that may subsequently use information about your visit to our website in order to provide advertising or other offers that may be of interest to you when you visit other websites.
- Provide third parties with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements or other offers that may be of interest to you. If you are in the EU, you may opt-out of certain third-party cookies that we and other websites may use for targeting through http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info.
Like many companies, Silicon Labs uses Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third-party cookies to help us with improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
Can a website user block cookies?
Yes. As explained below, under Managing Cookies, you can disable our cookies on www.silabs.com. However, please be aware that this will reduce the functionality of our website. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
How to Manage Cookies
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari on OSX
- All other browsers: Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. Additional Information about Third-Party CookiesUsers based in the European Union can visit www.youronlinechoices.eu and users based in the United States can visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of third-party cookies.
Silicon Labs complies with the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information obtained from European Union member countries and transferred to the United States, whether that information is collected through our website or through other means. Silicon Labs has certified that its processing of personal information from E.U. member countries is in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability (the “Principles”). You may view our certification here https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. Silicon Labs is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the Federal Trade Commission.
If you have any queries regarding this Policy, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Fair Processing Notice
For more details on our data policies, please refer to our Customer Fair Processing Notice.