Customer Fair Processing Notice
The information that we collect is controlled by Silicon Laboratories, Inc., which is headquartered in the United States at 400 West Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, Texas 78701.
General Data Usage
Information We Collect Through the Site
Many areas of our Site require you to sign in or register for an account, during which we will ask for your name, email, country, state and telephone number. As a registered user on our Site, we also collect your IP address, use geolocation services (with your permission) and collect information on how you use our site.
Information We Collect About Customers
We collect information about our customers, including prospective customers, and their employees when they make an inquiry, purchase our products, request support, and through administering our customer contracts. We collect this information both directly from our customers and from our third party distribution partners who sell our products. The personal data that we collect about our customers and prospective customers includes names, company name, email addresses, business contact information, and purchase history. If a customer registers to use the services available on our Site, we associate the information about their website usage with their personal data.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our product and services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our products and services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you on our Site, to offer location customization, such as to provide you information about products and services available in your area, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our products or services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, as permitted by local law. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. If you no longer want to receive email communication from us, you can update your preferences here: https://siliconlabs.force.com/apex/ManageNotifications. We also use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and products and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and product and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations, to protect our rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
- To count and recognize visitors to our Site and various Site features and better understand how users access and use our Sites and Silicon Labs’ products and services;
- To create new products and services or improve our existing products and services;
- To support Site performance, perform Site analytics, enhance Site navigation, and improve our web design and functionality; and
- For other research and analytical purposes.
We collect, use and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this policy, including to market their products and services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Distributor Partners: We may share customer information with our third party distributors in order to provide customer service or to help market our products and services.
- Business Transfers: If we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes, such as researching how website visitors use our website.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
We will only collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- You have provided your consent to us using the personal information (for example in relation to our electronic direct marketing activities);
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request); you have a right to object to processing as explained in the section below titled Your Legal Rights;
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example where we use your contact and demographic information required to provide you with a service or product); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (where we are required to disclose personal information to a court or tax authority).
If you would like to find out more about the legal bases on which we process personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Data Retention and Security
We retain your information as required by law and/or other governing regulations, up to 7 years from your last interaction with us.
Silicon Labs has implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation, or destruction. For example, electronically stored personal information is stored on a secure network with firewall protection, and access to Silicon Labs electronic information systems requires user authentication via password or similar means. Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Your legal rights
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold, and you have the right to be informed of:
- the source of your personal information;
- the purposes, legal basis, and methods of processing;
- the data controller’s identity; and
- the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will respond to your request within 30 days of verifying your identity. To complete a request, simply fill out the form
Right to Restrict the Processing of your Personal Information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction:
- where we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to Transfer Your Personal Information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object to the Processing of Your Personal Information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to Object to How We Use Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
Right to Obtain a Copy of Personal Information Safeguards Used for Transfers Outside Your Jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms. For information about our Privacy Shield certification, please see our Privacy Shield Notice or visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with Your Local Supervisory Authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time. If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please send us a request at the address or email provided in the Contact Us section below. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information that you would like to access, review, correct, or delete. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Cross-border Transfer of Information
Silicon Labs generally maintains servers and systems in the United States hosted by third party service providers. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. As a result, where the personal information that we collect through or in connection with the Site or in providing services to our customers is transferred to and processed in the United States or anywhere else outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield. You may have a right to details of the mechanisms under which your data is transferred outside the EEA. For information on our EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov or see our Privacy Shield Notice.
If you have any queries regarding this Policy, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way. There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you. Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
What sort of cookies does Silicon Labs use?
Generally, our cookies perform up to four different functions.
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify registered users and ensure they can access the pages that are only available to registered users. If a user opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content on our website.
We utilize other cookies to analyze how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site, and recall your customization preferences, such as which regional edition of the website you want to see when you log in. We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online, comment on a blog, or use the Silicon Labs Community Support Forums.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to our Site and other websites, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows third parties to display targeted ads to you on the websites you visit. We and our third party service providers use Targeting cookies to:
- Link to social networks, like Facebook, that may subsequently use information about your visit to our website in order to provide advertising or other offers that may be of interest to you when you visit other websites.
- Provide third parties with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements or other offers that may be of interest to you.
If you are in the EU, you may opt-out of certain third party cookies that we and other websites may use for targeting through http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info. Opting out of one or more ad networks only means that those particular members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our websites or other third party websites. If your browser is configured to reject cookies when you visit one of the above referenced opt-out pages, and you later erase your cookies, use a different computer, or change Web browsers, your preference may no longer be active and you will need to opt-out again. Since all of these cookies are managed by third parties, you should refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications and policies for further information (see below for more information about the particular targeting cookies used on our Site).
Can I block cookies?
Yes. As explained below, under Managing Cookies, you can disable our cookies on www.silabs.com or you may opt-out of targeting cookies by following the links in the Targeting Cookies section above. However, please be aware that this will reduce the functionality of our website. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
How to Manage Cookies
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari on OSX
- All other browsers: Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. Additional Information about Third-Party Cookies Users based in the European Union can visit www.youronlinechoices.eu and users based in the United States can visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of third-party cookies.