Effective August 25, 2020
Information We Collect | Purpose of Use | How We Disclose | Legal Basis | Data Retention & Security | Data Rights | Cross-Border Transfers | CCPA Notice | Changes | Contact Us
The information that we collect is controlled by Silicon Laboratories, Inc., which is headquartered in the United States at 400 West Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, Texas 78701.
Information We Collect Through the Site
Many areas of our Site require you to sign in or register for an account, during which we will ask for your name, email, country, state and telephone number. As a registered user on our Site, we also collect your IP address, use geolocation services (with your permission) and collect information on how you use our site.
Information We Collect About Customers
We collect information about our customers, including prospective customers, and their employees when they make an inquiry, purchase our products, request support, and through administering our customer contracts. We collect this information both directly from our customers and from our third-party distribution partners who sell our products. The personal data that we collect about our customers and prospective customers includes names, company name, email addresses, business contact information, and purchase history. If a customer registers to use the services available on our Site, we associate the information about their website usage with their personal data.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, as permitted by local law. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. If you no longer want to receive email communication from us, you can update your preferences.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations, to protect our rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We do not sell personal information to third parties. We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Notice, including to market their products and services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Notice.
- Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Distributor Partners: We may share customer information with our third-party distributors in order to provide customer service or to help market our products and services.
- Business Transfers: If we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes, such as researching how website visitors use our website.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
We will only collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- You have provided your consent to us using the personal information (for example in relation to our electronic direct marketing activities);
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request); you have a right to object to processing as explained in the section below titled Your Legal Rights;
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example where we use your contact and demographic information required to provide you with a service or product); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (where we are required to disclose personal information to a court or tax authority).
If you would like to find out more about the legal bases on which we process personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Data Retention and Security
We retain your information as required by law and/or other governing regulations but in no cases greater than 7 years from your last interaction with us.
Silicon Labs has implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation, or destruction. For example, electronically stored personal information is stored on a secure network with firewall protection, and access to Silicon Labs electronic information systems requires user authentication via password or similar means. Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards guarantee 100% security all the time.
Your Legal Rights
Under applicable data protection laws, subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, which may include the right to:
Request Information and Access to Personal Information
GDPR and CCPA provides individuals with the right to access their personal data in order to review, correct, or amend their information collected by Silicon Labs. Individuals also may have the right to request deletion of their information collected by Silicon Labs but this right may be subject to certain exceptions within GDPR and CCPA. We will work to resolve your request within 30 days of receipt. To complete a request, simply fill out the form.
Restrict the Processing of your Personal Information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction:
- where we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Transfer Your Personal Information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Object to the Processing of Your Personal Information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Object to How We Use Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
Obtain a Copy of Personal Information Safeguards Used for Transfers Outside Your Jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms. For information about our Privacy Shield certification, please see our Privacy Shield Notice or visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Lodge a Complaint with Your Local Supervisory Authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time. If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please send us a request at the address or email provided in the Contact Us section below. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information that you would like to access, review, correct, or delete. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfill your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Cross-border Transfer of Information
Silicon Labs generally maintains servers and systems in the United States hosted by third-party service providers. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. As a result, where the personal information that we collect through or in connection with the Site or in providing services to our customers is transferred to and processed in the United States or anywhere else outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield. You may have a right to details of the mechanisms under which your data is transferred outside the EEA. For information on our EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov or see our Privacy Shield Notice.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information as described below. This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Notice of Silicon Labs and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Collection of Personal Information: We collect the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Identifiers such as name, alias, postal address, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers
- Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80
- Commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information,
- Inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see the sections “Information We Collect Through the Site” and “Information We Collect About Customers” in our Privacy Notice. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Use of Personal Information: We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in "Purpose of Use of Personal Information” of our Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. We do not sell personal information to third parties. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “How We Disclose Your Personal Information” section of our Privacy Notice. We use NextRoll to provide interest-based advertising. You can learn more about their CCPA compliance at https://www.nextroll.com/privacy#service-13.
Your CCPA Rights: Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, sold and disclosed about you, and (2) deletion of your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
You may make these requests by filling out this form or by calling 844-916-1326. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide certain information, such as identifiers like your email address and phone number. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf.
California Shine the Light Law
Silicon Labs does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. We recommend that you periodically review this Notice to learn of any changes and stay informed regarding our current practices. When you visit or use our sites, services, or tools, you are accepting the current version of this Notice. This Notice supersedes all previous versions.
If you have any queries regarding this Notice, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.