CP240x LCD Controllers
The CP240x family of extremely low power LCD controller devices can drive up to 128 LCD segments. These devices are easily interfaced with any MCU using SPI or I2C interfaces. A benefit to this approach is designers can select the best-fit MCU for the system and then add the CP240x to handle LCD requirements efficiently with respect to system size and power consumption.
CP2400/1/2/3 devices are fixed function LCD drivers that can also be used for expanding GPIO, timekeeping, and increasing available system RAM by up to 256 bytes. The devices are controlled using direct and indirect internal registers accessible through the 4-wire SPI or 2-wire SMBus interface. All digital pins on the device are 5 V tolerant.
- Controls up to 128 segments (48-pin packages) or 64 segments (32-pin package)
- Expands GPIO count by up to 36 pins (48-pin packages) or 20 pins (32-pin package)
- Ultra Low Power Mode w/ LCD (<1.7 µA typical)
- General purpose RAM expands the memory available to host controller
- Two general purpose 16-bit timers
- 20 MHz Internal oscillator
- 4-wire SPI Interface operates up to 2.5 Mbps with synchronous external clock or up to 1 Mbps with internal clock (CP2400/2)
- 2-wire SMBus/I2C Interface operates up to 400 kHz with internal clock (CP2401/3)
- 1.8–3.6 V operation with integrated LDO
- Shutdown current (0.05 µA typical)
CP240x LCD Controllers Product Matrix
|Part Number||Data Sheet||Dev Kit||LCD Segments||Interface||Dig I/O Pins||Package Type||Package Size (mm)||RAM||Timers (16-bit)||Internal Oscillator||Temperature Range (°C)|