Zentri AMW037 Wi-Fi® Module
Wi-Fi networking module for low cost IoT edge devices
The AMW037 is a Wi-Fi networking module complete with an onboard PCB antenna and full regulatory certification designed for low cost IoT edge devices.
The AMW037 module is an advanced stand-alone Wi-Fi and networking solution.It is an integrated module designed to avoid difficult RF layout and to enable designers to rapidly embed Wi-Fi and secure networking functionality into virtually any device. Each AMW037 is pre-installed with the ZentriOS-Lite embedded operating system, designed to enable fast product development. With dimensions of just 12 mm x 11 mm and a wide temperature range, the module is suitable for integration into most embedded applications.
The Wi-Fi device includes an integrated RF transmit power amplifier and provides superior Wi-Fi performance and full compatibility with all 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi networks.
The AMW037 microcontroller core operates at a frequency up to 80 MHz and offers extensive I/O and peripheral interfaces.
The module is powered by a single 3.3 V power supply and various powersave modes offer ultra-low power operation. Wake from low power sleep mode is possible using IO pins or the internal real-time clock; wake from ultra-low power standby mode is achieved using the dedicated wake pin.
The module has FCC & IC modular approval for use in the United States and Canada, CE approval for use in Europe and related approvals for use in other countries.
- Self-contained ultra-low power Wi-Fi module with secure TCP network stack
- Integrated SPI-serial flash for software upgrades and user accessible read/write file system
- Single band 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi transceiver
- Includes support for all Wi-Fi security modes in-cluding Open, WEP, WPA, and WPA2-PSK
- 32-bit processor operating up to 80 MHz core frequency
- Wake-up: Wake pin for ultra-low power operation
- Interfaces (Some interfaces share module pins):
- UART: 1 x 4-wire, 1 x TX only up to 4.5 Mbit/s
- GPIO: Up to 16 GPIOs (overlaid with peripherals)
- A/D converter: 1 x 10-bit resolution
- PWM: Up to 4 PWM outputs
- 2.4 GHz, Channels 1-13
- UDP, TCP, ICMP, DNS, HTTP(S), DHCP, SMTP, SNTP, OTA Update
- Wi-Fi – Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2-PSK Networking – TLS1.2, HTTPS Data Throughput:
- >4 Mbit/s UART
- >1000ft / 330m line of sight (λ/4 antenna)
- 3.3 V (typical)
Operational Temperature Range:
- -40 to +85 °C
Maximum RF Transmit Power:
- 802.11b/g : +20 dBm
- 802.11n : +16 dBm
Minimum Receive Sensitivity:
- 802.11b/g : -93 dBm
- 802.11n : -71 dBm Embedded Firmware:
- Pre-preprogrammed with ZentriOS Lite serial Wi-Fi application
Wi-Fi and Memory:
- 32-Bit 80 MHz Wi-Fi SoC
- On-board 8 Mbit (1 MByte) QSPI-serial flash
- UART Peripherals:
Current Consumption (@3.3 V, 25 ºC):
- Standby : 0.9 mA
- Deep sleep / RTC : 20 / 60 μA
- Sleep (Memory Retention) : 0.31 mA
- Wi-Fi Powersave : 0.86 mA (DTIM = 3)
- Active receive : 65 mA
- Active transmit: 100 mA @ +0 dBm; 200 mA @ +18 dBm Antenna:
- Onboard PCB antenna Size:
- 12 mm x 11 mm x 1.8 mm Weight:
- 0.03 oz (1 g) Certifications: